Another year, another Scheissewagen

I could have had a Model 3, but one of my regular trips is High Wycombe -> Wigan and back, so not really practical.

I couldn’t justify it (model S) I can only just stomach the cost of my current car a month.
I’d only need the smaller, newer model.

The leaf is just too dull.

Not bad though. 34 minutes supercharging on a SR+

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=e817c183-8361-4abf-8da8-5a6ef7ba73e6

34mins is good. But would feel like 2 hrs on a friday evening when you’re trying to get home.

To be fair, only 18 minutes of it is on the way home :smiley:
Barely time for a piss and a pasty.

Just looked at motor depot. They turn over hundreds of cars a week (my brother is good mates with the owner).

They have two electric cars to choose from. A leaf. And a new Mercedes at over a grand a month.

Way off being a viable used option. It will come…

Serious, non stirring question. With the number of electric vehicles climbing, is there still generally an unoccupied charger when you turn up with a non open ended timetable?

The EV charging spaces are close to the entrances. So there are very often non-EVs parked in them. Because people = cunts.

I can only provide anecdotal evidence based on what I’ve read on various forums.

Tesla Superchargers generally have very good availability indeed, because they are
a)exclusive use, b)charge quickly and c) usually have a lot of stalls at each location.

The rest of the network is a clusterfuck - not enough chargers, often out of use or hogged by some cunt in a Mitsubishi Outlander.

What’s going to be interesting is the next 12 months. They are selling a LOT of Model 3s.

The Teslas really aren’t depreciating much. Bit annoying really, I think they will be a really good car to buy new.

Also, quite a few BMW i3 about. They are a very good s/h proposition, apparently.

100 mile range, fine if you can charge at home and have another car for long distances, useless otherwise.

frequently != ever, but it will work for some people, for sure.

I’ll never forget a friend who drove from Oxford way to Harpenden near me in his i3. The car’s sat nav said that the preferred route wasn’t covered by the range (despite being full from home), so they had to charge on the way over. On the way back they ticked the ‘avoid motorway’ option, and it had enough charge to get them all the way. The built-in sat nav didn’t have any programming to take into account the way that the car actually worked. This is why you should buy Tesla.

That is my view of all electric cars at the moment based on our needs.
Our next car purchase will be a full EV, but will keep an ICE car for long journeys and when we don’t have time to charge.

Edit, by purchase i mean lease, (old habits die hard).

Shit reviews.

Love the i3. All the carbon fibre.