Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

My cousin has two sons, one went to Cambridge and the other went to an ‘ordinary’ Uni.
They both have good jobs etc but the one who went to Cambridge earns quite a bit more
One is incapable of doing his own washing, cleaning his flat or cooking, so his extra wages go on employing ‘staff’.

Education is a wonderful thing :grinning:

1 Like

Every young bloke is incapable of these chores until he has no choice. If he earns enough to avoid them, credit to him.

2 Likes

Credit …

Just been reminded of this absolutely brilliant Bob Mazzer photograph from his late night London Underground series

10 Likes

4 Likes

Zombie dancing with Mary O’Brian

3 Likes

Mrs MWS challenged me to perform this - Don’t, it hurts most cruelly.

2 Likes

What the cat calling when people see you in those leggings? :kissing:

More the shaking muscles,spasms and strains. I probably missed the cat calling due to my own shrieking anguish and inner condemnation.

No pain no gain. :nerd_face: Piccies?

Jack Delano - 1942 portrait of Roy Nelin

7 Likes

April 1943. “Illinois Central R.R. freight cars in South Water Street terminal, Chicago.” Judging by the clock, this was a five-minute time exposure. Kodachrome transparency by Jack Delano for the Office of War Information.

I can spend ages on https://www.shorpy.com/

8 Likes

December 1925. “Washington, D.C. – Western Electric Co. group.”

WE Christmas party. Where are the huge disco speakers?

1 Like

Looks like the Corleone family turned up on the right

3 Likes

Horns is serious bidness.

There seems to be an atmosphere here - Bad vibes are in the room.

There is enough going on to keep MWS entertained in the mind garden for weeks.

Think they are working out who bought the wanky Xmas tree so they can be taken out the back and shot

The lady in the second row just to the left of the bloke with the paper is obviously rocking some serious Schumann.

That’s the shape I threw when I slipped on the ice the other morning.
Just thankful it wasn’t caught on video.

1 Like