Any thoughts on Revel Speakers?

Quite interested in trying the Revel F208 to satisfy an itch mainly and to try a non active set up for a while.

Anyone with any thoughts or experiences of these, good or bad?

No, but should be okay. Read here.

1 Like

Didi you see the pair for sale on one of the hifi forums?

These are also nice.

3 Likes

Not the coffee ones. Or the orange ones.

1 Like

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Which forum Mark? I’ll have a search if you can’t remember

I’ve found an ex dem pair at a decent price

Orange or coffee for me

Hasn’t @unclepuncle had a/several nice pair/pairs of Revels?

Yes,he is a big fan of them

Maybe wigwam.
Try hifishark that should find them.

1 Like

PFM

1 Like

Shiny!

They wouldn’t stay like that for long in this house. They’d be covered in dog slobber and cat paw prints within nanoseconds.

2 Likes

Located I’ll see what the sitch is with those…

I bought a pair of the F208s just under a year ago. They are in an 8m x 4m open-ended room with a pitched ceiling. They are closer to the corners than I’d like but sound pretty good to me. They are front-ported. They really were a step-up sound-wise compared to the B&W CM9s they replaced, especially in the mid-range. I have them about 3m apart with the listening position roughly the same distance, equilateral stylee.

They are being driven by Onkyo P3000/M5000 pre/power amps.

Edit. Mine were new for £3k from eliteaudiouk

2 Likes

Piano gloss black = out.

2 Likes

WAF issues

1 Like

Did you buy them?

No they’d just been sold, didn’t matter because Wayne had put me off them :wink:
There are some others around but a bit pricey.
Quite keen on the smaller format F226BE but that busts the budget, typically.

My plan if you can call it that is to build a system around the NAD M33 which will put streamer etc in a single box and then add speakers - potentially a more elegant solution even than current actives, pre and streamer. Has airplay, Roon etc, plus turntable connectivity is easy.

Any thoughts on decent floorstanders around 4-5K mark welcome as I’m down a wormhole.

1 Like

Tone Scouts?