Architecture

Toronto Power Generating Station, Niagara Falls. Designed by E.J. Lennox in the Beaux-Arts style, completed 1906. Currently abandoned while the Niagara Parks Commission considers what use the building will be put to.

6 Likes

Blimey, normally the phrase “As pretty as a power station” means something rather different!

2 Likes

The harnessing of the Niagara River’s power for hydro electricity ushered in a new era, it’s a palace of technology really.

1 Like

Well done Twickenham Council and the Twentieth Century Society.

https://c20society.org.uk/news/rare-lyons-house-spared-demolition-in-planning-victory

6 Likes

Great result !

Lovely house. Great to see architecture from this era preserved, Modernist is so often viewed as disposable.

Looks like a portacabin.

1 Like

Really like this, just round the corner where I grew up and never noticed it along the river there!

4 Likes

Colour scheme from Villeroy & Boch.

That is utterly exquisite :heart_eyes: :heart: :heart_eyes:

kasinski gif

4 Likes

Any ideas on the dining set? Looks full Memphis potato, but I’m no expert.

A bit odd with granny’s dresser in another room.

Anyhow, here’s a water treatment works

2 Likes

Missing Geoffrey the Giraffe.

It’s like someone gave an architectural colouring-in book to a 3 colour blind 3 year old.

1 Like

Philistine :roll_eyes:

“Jack and Jill basins?”

“We were thinking more Imhotep and Nefertiti”

2 Likes

Probably from Pompey man

1 Like

Prepare yourselves for a post-modernism comeback. Seeing it in the journals already, will spread its way north from the London elite.

My least favourite movement, personal taste and all that. James Stirling being the exception.

1 Like
2 Likes

That house would end up costing me £5m.