Armchair politics

http://newsthump.com/2018/08/14/jeremy-corbyn-laid-wreath-for-hans-gruber-outside-nakatomi-plaza/

2 Likes

That’s because he’s not very good though. I’ve just heard one of his supporters and then the man himself on the radio. They were being interviewed in the middle of this shitstorm and they were poor. They were at sea on the details, they made weak points when there were much stronger ones that needed making and his supporter just kept saying ‘he’s a man of peace’ (or words to that effect). Honestly I could have defended him better than either of them did. And I think he’s useless !

VB

4 Likes

1 Like

Jeremy’s determined campaign never to be be Prime Minister has entered a decisive phase.

3 Likes

Thank fuck.

A delight to listen to R4 Today this morning with Misha Hussain and Martha Kearney without the bumbling incompetence of Daily-Heil loving Humphreys and Robinson

T’was rather spoilt by the ‘this is not fucking news’ news segment from a fucking allotment, with one partcualrly annoying interview with a gobshite Cunty McCunt who flees to his allotment to escape his wife … but apart from that, excellent. Keep those two on it and the two pillocks off, and I’ll happily tune in regularly

1 Like

Interesting. Mrs VB isn’t normally one for shouting at the radio. But this morning I heard her yell out “Oh for heaven’s sake get a grip !” as Mishal Husain lost the plot with Chris Grayling. He’s not the sharpest knife in the box and when she tried to find out what his view on Boris The Clown was she shouldn’t have let the plonker drag her onto Corbyn instead. In the end she went silent before summarily terminating the interview in mid sentence. 4/10. Must try harder.

I agree about the padding (allotments, exhibits from the V&A, etc) though. OK, it’s the silly season. But we’re in the middle of the harvest. Where was their piece on how that’s going ? If the rumours are true https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-farmers-fear-more-crops-will-rot-in-fields-as-eu-workers-move-abroad-11453766 labour is in short supply. What might a blueberry shortage do to the all-important price of muffins ? I think we should be told.

VB

1 Like

Ah, sadly I had arrived at my office before Grayling came on.

After hearing the moron from the RMT tragically miss (waddle-style) the gaping-wide open goal, I was curious how Grayling would get on

Quite why they have to ask them about Boris when there are around 150 more serious question for that Thick-Of-It put-take to answer is beyond me. I’d have been annoyed too, along with Mrs VB

I think it was Mick Whelan from ASLEF. I had to smile when he made the good point that since Chris Grayling’s party sold the trains to the private sector more than 20 years ago he should have worked out by now that he no longer has any role in the pay negotiations. The interviewer (Mishal or Martha) should then have come back with the fact that government has a huge indirect influence via the subsidies, the regulator, the ownership of Network Rail and the complete control of the railways’ competitor i.e. the roads. In that context surely they do have valid reasons for expressing a view. But she didn’t.

VB

I usually get the impression that Mishal Husain reads exactly the same paper that Harrumphrys does.

Ha, you ole duffers, manking on about Radio 4.

4 Likes

Yeah, well, what are we supposed to do ? We can’t get Gordon Swindlehurst on the wireless down here.

I swear, this was a section clipped out of his show yesterday:

Scissor Sisters Take Your Mama
Billie Holiday Strange Fruit
The Wombles Remember You’re A Womble
Climie Fisher Love Changes Everything
The Who Won’t Get Fooled Again

VB

She could have, but it wouldn’t have been the point, and anyone with an ounce of competence would have batted it away: he actually made the arguments, but drowned them in a morass of mumbling bollocks while drifting into leftie ‘the state we’re in’ she-at. Stay on point, fucko- you’re holding ALL the cards !

TPM: Reducing Rail staff wages would - indisputedly - only directly affect the profits of franchise holders, not the running costs of the railways, or by virtue of that, fares. Fares are de facto controlled by the DfT, and it has always been thus. The railways aren’t nationalised, they’re franchised to the T&C’s of the government. It’s a sham that succesive governments peddle the “railways are private”! nonesense without being held up on it.

If ASLEF really wished to serve its members it would take its tongue out of JC’s ring and tell it like it is: we don’t need Labour’s policy of re-nationalisation of the operating companies, every other aspect of rail IS ALREADY nationalised (and the TOCs are theoretically already heavily regulated) and so there’s almost no area that that couldn’t be (begun to be) fixed by the SoS…instead of him blathering on about virtually THE ONE thing that has fuck all to do with him, the incomptent theundercunt.

1 Like

There’s only one answer to that playlist and it’s definitely hallucinogenic

Apparently Kiki Dee does backing vocals on Remember your a Womble - Perhaps this is why it is so emotive and sublime.

4 Likes

This is well worth 100 seconds of your time.

7 Likes
7 Likes

:joy:

Must be fake news. Jezza is a wrong un, the Mail, Sun and Telegraph said so.