Armchair politics

Not the point. SA did, there is a strain of opinion that Israel does not get the same possibility.

2 Likes

Sorry, maybe I’m being dim or I’m tired but I don’t follow you, explain again for this old fucker.

Compare and contrast the following two statements then.

a) Current Israeli government policies towards Palestinians are racist - not anti-Semitic by the standard definitions.

b) Israel as a nation is inherently and irredeemably racist towards Palestinians by virtue of its very existence - anti -Semitic by the standard definitions.

Can you distinguish between a country as an entity and its current political leadership?

2 Likes

Ah, ok with you now.

We’re getting away from the point and into the ‘does Israel have a right to exist’ question.

Normally yes but it’s not easy with Israel as since its inception it has followed the same policy of racism towards Palestinians. Had they recently adopted this policy it would be crystal clear. Israel appears to be behaving as if its existence is contingent on its ability to behave this way.

Actually this is very much the point because the definitions Corbyn and Milne want to block make this clear, and why Corbyn himself could get into serious hot water over it.

You’re probably right actually.

And FWIW I don’t believe the Israeli state has a right exist under current conditions of their own design. If they drop their racist system then no problem and they can join the 21st century.

1 Like

Endorsements from Nick Griffin. Where did it all go so right for the Unluckiest Man In Politics?

1 Like

Thanks for posting this as it demonstrates, if demonstration is needed, that Griffin is incapable of understanding nuance.

no need for ‘nuance’

2 Likes

Interesting but not really surprising to see how much of Griffin’s ‘news’ comes from Daily Mail articles.

2 Likes

I’m sure he gets it once it’s been in the Heil and then ends up in the Star.

It’ll be the most left wing thing he reads - for balance.

1 Like

It never ends

One of the activists Corbyn apparently referred to in his remarks, Richard Millett, told the Times his family had lived in England for more than a century. “I am English. I have been part of English irony, humour, culture, for the last 50 years. It just seems to be that I am not part of Jeremy Corbyn’s Britain,” he said.

Turns out the Tory Party rule book doesn’t even mention anti-semitism, let alone contain the definition everyone is so keen to hang Corbyn with.

But, but, but what about their fine policy on bank robbers, I mean terroris…, oops, letterboxes, errm, no that’s not it either. Oh wait, they have a marvellous record on treating Muslims with care and respect as is well documented by the media :unamused:

It wasn’t specifically mentioned until a few weeks ago, although was a broad statement about anti discrimination in general. They then added the IHRA definition.

Why would it, they have unwavering support for Israel and its policies.

5 Likes

Indeed, Priti Patel, when a cabinet minister, wanted to send UK overseas aid money to the Israeli Army.

4 Likes

haha I was holding that name in reserve in case someone said “no they don’t”

2 Likes
1 Like