Art

Mural by CitéCréation in Lyon. Turned something dismal into something wonderful.

13 Likes

Bought this kitty pic by Da-Wei Kwo/ David Kwok (1958) for the office.

8 Likes

Crystal Path by Erin Hanson

5 Likes

I feel this is how tea-parties should be…

By Helena Hauss.

Do Want.

8 Likes

Couple of prints eventually arrived via Etsy and now framed bought based on @spacehopper recommendation, thank you

7 Likes

Nice one Ben - they look :ok_hand:

1 Like

Tom Thompson - The Jack Pine - Winter 1916-17

Algonquin Park is pretty much my favourite place, and Thompson’s studies of the park capture the beauty and mood of the place perfectly.
Sadly, he drowned in a canoe mishap at 39, only a few months after finishing the painting considered his masterpiece.

6 Likes

An interpretation of Glaswegian Orangemen a number of years ago, now a perfect interpretation of stop the boats. Brexit 2023 UK. Edit, Credit Peter Howson.

:cry:

By Northumberland printmaker and artist Rebecca Vincent

10 Likes

I forgot about that, the cunts.

Duke Special just popped up in my Twitter timeline (playing in Belfast last night) and I was reminded of his portrait by Colin Davidson.

I think Davidson is best know for his portraits of the very famous (the Queen, Clinton, Brad Pitt etc.) but I particularly like this one.

4 Likes

Tabby Cat by Takeuchi Seihō 1924

7 Likes

1 Like

Not art

Shart

4 Likes

Bullfinches by Bruno Liljefors 1885

Sorry forgot to add the link to RatherGoodArt who do lovely postcard / card / calenders of which this is one set :+1:

5 Likes

That is such a good site Al - some cracking art greeting cards there. Love the Eric Ravilious especially thanks :+1:

1 Like

My pleasure Ben - I actually found them through twitter and subscribed to their newsletter. I’ve been totally blown away by Paul Evans’ work on there - tyring to work out how to afford one of his paintings :thinking:

1 Like

Yep love his work too

1 Like

Concert on the Chimney

Oil painting by Roch Urbaniak

2 Likes