Astra appreciation thread

some wonderful nostalgia on here as had a number of the vauxhalls here . great cars and very reliable

To true :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Picked up my new company car today:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmmm, sā€™alright, but prefer the classic Astra myself

Sends a message does that.

Donā€™t make them like they used too.

The brown ring of quality.

3 Likes

is it some kind of spaceship?

Iā€™m loving those bonnet creases and side chrome inserts, just looks blistering stood still :+1:

They so comfy

Yep, Iā€™d read it like thisā€¦

fuck off

had a lovely one like that once and my wife was involved in a bump that caved in the back , ashamed to say i was livid and was not a pleasant person for a while !! actually the garage repair man told me off for that

had several red astra`s . one was ex rental and it went on for years , couple of years back i spotted it again still going

In an Astra apparently. Of course, to those of us in the know, the only surprise is that an Astra hasnā€™t been clocked this fast beforeā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s what happens when you buy a car that is far beyond your driving talentā€¦

4 Likes

Complete with bucket for those cheek clenching moments.

1 Like

Given the incredible build quality and legendary indestructibility of the Astra most of that damage looks superficial and easily buffed out. A refill of windscreen wiper reservoir and a hoover of the carpets and the Astra owner would be home in a jiffy.

The tank is clearly a write off however. A lesson in automotive investment for the unwary.

4 Likes

Yes, thereā€™s quite a few high performance variants now.

6 Likes

If only Cyril Fletcher was still around, what a superb ā€™ Ode to the Astra ā€™ he would pen.