BBQing Diary

Go for the 57cm. The extra grill space doesn’t mean you have to fill it. It gives you greater adjustment for position of coal and smoking wood, relative to what you are cooking.

2 Likes

So that is nearly 50% larger than the 47cm. Will that not mean that I’ll use ~50% more charcoal?

No, you will have more grille space space if you want to cook over indirect heat.

3 Likes

What he said :arrow_up:

Yeah, it would only be that much extra if you wanted to cook over the whole surface area. You can still put a small fire in a small BBQ, and then you have more flexibility when it comes to direct vs indirect heating.

Ok, thanks guys.

I’m very much a novice when it comes to bbq cooking so I didn’t even think about the indirect heat thing.

That means this then

4 Likes

I would be more tempted by this (well, actually it’s what I have in grey)…

Reason being, once you get a taste for (or handle on) good BBQ, the one you chose would limit what you can do and could become obsolete.
Buy well, buy once.

1 Like

We bought this one Paul from Wilco. It has an adjustable height coal tray. Been very pleased with it - works very well. I think @dom got one as well.

Used it for cold smoking bacon too :ok_hand:

2 Likes

More than I’m prepared to pay for something that will probably be limited to half a dozen times a year, due to the climate here.

Mate, there are fucking satellites in orbit that are closer to me than a Wilkos and they don’t deliver to Shetland (I’ve tried before)

Also it’s huge, way too big for my purposes.

I have a Weber 57 next one I buy will be the Napoleon 57pro

1 Like

Sorry, this is the proper answer: Infierno Professional Grills — Grillworks

3 Likes

Yep, good bit of kit for the money, if you Google around they sell the same one all over the place under different names.
Being able to raise and lower the fire pit with the handle is wonderful for controlling the temps

2 Likes

weber 47 is fine, we use one for the two of us.

1 Like

2 Likes

You mean to say that you don’t want to recommend something 6x the price, with half an acre of cooking surface or only obtainable via a four day overseas mission?

How bizarre.

2 Likes

Shoe budget innit

1 Like

Now we are cooking :grin:

Yes, but anything from a pint of milk up is like that for you.

Just got an Aldi Kamado and cooked my first chicken in it. It was rather tasty.

10 Likes

Nice! Actually in stock too!

Orders are restricted to 5 per person for this product and you will not be able to add more than 5 units to your basket.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/gardenline-kamado-ceramic-egg-bbq/p/710081596330401