BBQing Diary

Belly pork, apple smoked for 1.5 hrs at 150c with spices and then another 3 hrs at 90c, now wrapped in foil for another hr or so.

14 Likes

That looks fantastic :drooling_face:

I’ve been half contemplating getting that model for the summer but am struggling to see what the advantages are over the standard one. It seems like it has an easier ash removal system but is there more to it than that?

The ash bucket is a massive advantage but it’s also the ventilation, you can shut it down down for smoking but it works much better for high temp cooking.

With the extra volume you can do some good low & slow in the master touch.

7 Likes

Pulled pork tonight means early start this morning

9 Likes

Todays chicken. Roasted in kamado egg. 200c for 1.5hrs. Rubbed with oil, salt n pepper and some lemon and herb rub.
It was tasty.

6 Likes

The inside of the egg was at 200°C for a 1.5 hour cook time? I’d expect chicken biltong after that

2 Likes

I was thinking the same. I normally do spatchcock chicken for 50-60 minutes. Normally cheat by using a wireless meat thermometer though.

2 Likes

Pulled pork turned out very nicely

8 Likes

It was a very large chicken. I haven’t calibrated thermometer yet so it could be anywhere between 180 and 200.

Key

1 Like

large chicken here, spatchcocked, 60 mins at 180 (at most) rested for 20 mins

1 Like

Thanks. Sounds a fair bit more versatile then. Will give it some thought… Alas it’s quite a lot more expensive.

Worth every penny

Embrace the foo

Just been to the butcher, they’ve got some amazing looking beef short rib. Anyone got a good recipe?

Slow cooked stew. Use a tagine if you have one

I want to slow bbq it. Thought that might be obvious.

Jeez, you only posted in the BBQ thread. Telepathy r Us.

1 Like

we love Chinese style short ribs

similar to Asian Braised Beef Short Ribs – Eat, Little Bird