BBQing Diary

2 Likes

My lottery win plan to get something ludicrous from Grillworks may have been superseded:

4 Likes

Slow cooked (3hrs) shoulder of lamb covered with chimichurri spices and a good smoke

Shouldn’t work but fuck me it’s melt in the mouth and nice…

11 Likes

Looks lovely

PS don’t use this load of old wank, it stinks when lighting…

Beef short rib, bit of rub and ignored for 4hrs at 120c

Probably wasn’t long enough as it was still quite chewy but beef flavour was bloody good.

11 Likes

Is the marinade recipe on here somewhere? I’ve searched BBQ & Lopwell threads.

Got bored of generic tandoori masala powder.

1 Like

Couldn’t find a general bargain thread so I’ll just leave this here even though it can be used in the oven as well… Great price for any Costco members. Cheapest I’ve ever seen it is £90 odds
MEATER Plus Wireless Meat Thermometer in 2 Colours | Cost… (costco.co.uk)

1 Like

Finally commited to buying a new BBQ after a couple of years of indecision and moving house!

I was looking at the entry Kamado BBQs around the £500-£600 mark, and the Broil King Keg 2000, essentially the same as this ‘5000’ but without the extras. Took a punt at Socal, on offer and arrived next day!

Leg of lamb at the weekend to try it out I think, bought a pizza stone for Tuesday Pizza nights!

12 Likes

I imagine that there is a lot of tumeric involved!

1 Like

Interesting construction. Should be more robust than a ceramic but wonder if it will hold the heat as well. Nice bit of kit. I’d love a Kamado but as the good lady is veggie I cant really justify it just for me or a twice a year bbq

They are supposed to be as if not more efficient as ceramic as they are double walled with insulation. I liked that idea as the outside should be cooler, handy with little kids running around!

We had the BBQ lit for the first time on the weekend. Leg of Lamb sous vide for five hours at 57C then on the barbie over hot coals and smoke for 45 minutes. Feckin’ superb! We’ve just had the left overs for dinner tonight with pittas, salad and tzatziki.

12 Likes

3 Likes

I did bratwurst and cheese frankfurters on ours on Saturday night in the dark and rain.

These -

Available in FarmFoods - 3 packs for £10. They’re excellent. Much nicer than Lidls.

3 Likes

Ribs going in for a wrap, first meat of the year

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

14 Likes

Ahhhhh, bbq and outdoor pizza season is coming…yay! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Here too

I rarely wrap mine though.

6 Likes

We survived on the Lopwell surplus for what seemed like weeks last year!

1 Like

I like the wrap as it adds moisture and tenderness (bit of cider or apple juice)

1 Like