BBQing Diary

I’ll make sure I bring some to the Dales Roast off :+1:

I can’t either. He once drove a few bottles over here and very nice they were too.

VB

1 Like

:grin: Nice.

My old man used to clean the brass window and door fittings and the brass light switch back plates with diluted coke, if used neat it would eat away the surface of solid brass. That was in the early 70’s. Hope it’s less corrosive these days.

Oi.

1 Like

:upside_down_face: I couldn’t find a suitable emoji for the discussion about Ginger Beer.

Seems it’s as unsuitable for human consumption as back then.

Should see what stomach acid does to brass, I bet it’s not pretty

That’s why brushing ones teeth is important after spewing.

I needed to know that :flushed:

I didn’t bring bile into the thread :innocent:

I’m sure, in the dim and distant past, that I read that somewhere that in some Mercan states traffic cops carry the post-mix syrup in their patrol cars as it cleans up the blood and mess from the highways following road accidents

Faff combo, could this be done on a BBQ?

of course. But you’ve got to get the beans ground fine enough first. I’ve been through many grinders without success and still have to buy my Turkish coffee ready ground.

You turned away your Knock, would that not have done it?

Going to have a go at tenderising steak tonight with fresh pineapple as posted by that @Ruprecht geezer. Got pineapple, some aged rump steaks and plan to reverse sear them on the Weber. Will post how I get on. :+1:

1 Like

1 Like

I bought an outside gas oven at beginning of the summer, we were having the kitchen ripped out and replaced, so needed the practicality.
as a device for cooking food in, outside, it is adequate , but it is not a fucking barbecue. It’s the serge hifi of the barbecue world. Reliable, accurate and dull as fuck.

My proper barbecue is too small, and just a bit shit. I reckon some bargains to be had this time of year, so what have you got, and what do you recommend? Kettle, rack, what? Will spend up to £200 i guess.

2 Likes

A few of us have got Weber Kettles. I really like mine. It’s controlllable, well made and there’s a shit-ton of advice online.

Unless you are getting into Big Green Egg territory which are silly money, then you can’t go wrong with a Weber.

Plus the family will love you because your next 20 years Christmas presents are sorted with the accessories which are easy to find in nearly every garden centre.

4 Likes