Best chocolate

And expensive. £3 for the new old shape (NOS?) toblerone.

1 Like

White Toblerone is lush.

Yaroo! The old ways are the best. :grin:

Get to fuck with that white chocolate muck. Middle daughter brought me a bag of these back from Salzburg

Feckin crack cocaine

4 Likes

My last office went through a phase of those, and I can confirm that they are indeed crack cocaine.

I am being threatened with a bowl of vanilla ice cream garnished with dark chocolate toblerone that has been in the freezer and then shattered with a meat tenderizer by my youngest.

I fear that I must succumb to temptation…

3 Likes

You poor lamb, how will you survive such torment?

1 Like

It was horrible. I’m definitely not having that again.

:lying_face::lying_face::lying_face:

1 Like

Narelle and I would have paid you for that :smirk:

My daughter’s ability and enthusiasm with the meat tenderizer is worrying. I might hide my collection of rusty hammers just in case.

1960s sweets

5 Likes

Bar Six :heart_eyes: loved them, better than a KitKat.

2 Likes

Didn’t know Marathon was around in the 60s. Always thought that arrived late 70s.

Wiki says they started in 1930s

In 1930,[1] Mars introduced Snickers, named after the favorite horse of the Mars family.[6] The Snickers chocolate bar consists of nougat, peanuts, and caramel with a chocolate coating. The bar was marketed under the name “Marathon” in the UK and Ireland until 1990, when Mars decided to align the UK product with the global Snickers name (Mars had marketed and discontinued an unrelated bar named Marathon in the United States during the 1970s). There are also several other Snickers products such as Snickers mini, dark chocolate, ice cream bars, Snickers with almonds, Snickers with hazelnuts, Snickers peanut butter bars, Snickers protein and Snickers with Extra Caramel, as well as espresso, fiery, and sweet & salty versions.[7][8]

2 Likes

I need a espresso Snickers- NOW

What was a ‘Skippy’ like?

The surprising thing is how many of those are still going.

1 Like

I think it was a chocolate wafer type thing. Not as memorable as , 5 centre and Medley or a Golden Cup and Caramac Minty Fudge :yum:

@murrayjohnson is the person to ask as he would have been in his mid 20s.
Sadly i was far to young to remember

4 Likes

The chocolate bar I most miss is the Texan Bar :frowning_face:

2 Likes