Best of Local News

:disappointed:

1 Like

I didn’t do German at school but obviously I was aware of the teachers. The quietest most unassuming man ever was the German teacher, One day he was standing next to me at the wash basin washing his hands and he took his watch off. I noticed it was engraved with a dagger and stuff which to a schoolboy was amazing. I asked him what it was and he muttered something of nothing put it back on and walked off.
I found out eventually that he had been in intelligence in the Army during the war and had been an interpreter as part of the legal team defending an SS Colonel at the Nuremberg trials. The watch had been given to him by the Colonel who was hung.
He go a lot more respect from us after that. I expect he is long dead now but I sometimes wonder what became of the watch!

3 Likes

Obvious link to Watch Thread is obvious :thinking:

He was a good landlord, funny and friendly and kept a good selection of ales for us at a time when it wasn’t fashionable to do so. I never took to his wife very much…
I believe that there was another ‘incident’ just before they left the pub which I won’t go into on a public forum. A tragedy for all concerned really.

1 Like

Especially for his wife.

Evidently he didn’t either.

Back to Barnier. Why can’t we leave Wrexit out of just one conversation ?

used to know a lovely couple who met each other at nuremberg , he was a british guard and she was a local girl and they fell in love . fascinating . i think they were gaurding hess

Idiot near where I live

Fuck off with your Daily Heil links! :wink:

3 Likes

This trend of capitalising one word in a headline that seems to have started on Youtube and has now spread to all online media for the purposes of emphasis, really gets on my fucking TITS.

6 Likes

Indeed, but as this particular article is in the Fail, the entire thing, including the headline, can feck all the way to off.

2 Likes

gosh , he is really is a jobsworth , no wonder they were upset . these ambulance guys are stretched to Hell and do an incredible job, he needs to cut a bit of slack to folks

Playing devils advocate there do seem to be a lot of empty spaces and she could just have taken two spaces.

Goodnews from vauxhall who after slashing jobs at ellesmere and closing dealers have made their first profit in a century !!!

Think how much it must cost to build an Astra though…

4 Likes

I am told this is from the July 24th edition of the Willenhall Post.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Ahhh, Redcar. Class on a stick.

Stronzetto newsletter

2 Likes