Best of Local News

Sounds very strange to me. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

He didnā€™t plunge then - The unusual quite misleading headline.

Assuming the car left the road it would have had pretty much zero initial vertical velocity, so he would have around 6 seconds to get out and the car (and he) would be travelling at approximately 60m/s when they hit the rocks below.

Yet he walked away relatively unscathed? Not buying it.

1 Like

:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Iā€™m sure the denizens of Forfar canā€™t believe their good fortune.

2 Likes

I think he is supposed to have jumped out at the top of the cliff. It would be a cracking excuse to cover up an insurance claim, ahemā€¦

Usual Royal bollocks.

Report says

it is thought the driver managed to escape the vehicle as it was hurtling towards a beach below.

hmmmm burping out bad spiritsā€¦

I hear someoneā€™s been farting out bad spirits for years

Lol, they thought wrong. I bet he jumped out while it was going slowly, at the top of the hill. Perhaps less of a falling out as ā€œa tripped over whilst pushingā€ event :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Imagepreston

ā€œNan, did you get me that Breville toastie maker I wanted for my birthday?ā€
ā€œNo, I made you the Earl of Forfar instead.ā€
ā€œFuckā€™s sake, nan.ā€

3 Likes

Very sad to hear of this

Fortunately, my friend and his family, who are the wardens there, are all safe.

2 Likes

Oh heck

Thatā€™s bad news, proper scientific data on the effects of climate change and how we are fucking up the planet is essential.

Primarily itā€™s a bird observatory, but yes, the data they collect is an important pointer to climate change too.

It was the first place I visited in Shetland in 1998. Something must have made an impression as several more visits to the Isles followed and thenā€¦ well, you know the rest :wink:

2 Likes

Latest news is that the entire Obs has now collapsed and is a total write off.

Very sad.

:disappointed:

It was only opened in 2010 at a cost of Ā£4m to replace the old one. They will certainly rebuild, but it will take time.

1 Like

4 million! Wow

Nan?
Mater

Slightly more complex than a shed with a viewing hatch and a couple of stools then?