Best of Local News

I think in the event of a catastrophe requiring a shotgun, it won’t much matter if you have a license for it :wink:

2 Likes

They’re easier to purchase if you have a licence. :wink:

And there would be less risk of the police taking them away before you ‘need’ them, as seems to have happened to Kent man (mind, his was sawn off so I don’t think a licence would have allowed him to hang on to it anyway).

Isn’t it a 5 year mandatory prison sentence for possession of a firearm with out a licence?

Good time to buy a shotgun at the moment. Apparently since the uk’s fiscal woes began, loads of folk are letting their licences lapse and selling, so there is a glut of s/h guns on the market.

We are currently trying to offload 4 that Ann inherited from her Uncle.

Sawn offs? I’d better get the licence first :wink:.

1 Like

Annie get your gun. (For oldies)

3 Likes

We do have a workmate and a hacksaw, if that’s what you need :rofl:

2 Likes

Dunno. I’ve never owned one. But my sister and brother-in-law do (both guns and licences, natch). I’ll ask when next I see them.

How does that work if you inherit one but have no license?

Probably a bit like car tax if you are not going to use it.
You cut off half the barrel length and declare it SORN.

11 Likes

Ffs Kevin :roll_eyes: (funny though)

#AngryUpvote

We contacted the Norfolk Firearms Officer - he suggested having someone with a licence look after them temporarily until they were sold. Uncle had a good friend who he went shooting with so he is looking after them. All guns have to be specifically itemised, so he added them to his licence. He’s also very kindly agreed to receive any prospective buyers and show them the guns. No takers yet tho :unamused:

aren’t you from Liverpool?

5 Likes

That sounds pretty common sense, and I guess those that do shoot are unlikely to have done it in complete isolation, so there will be someone who can help.

Yep but I left in 1979, so I’ve lost touch with the criminal fraternity. :smiley:

2 Likes

You can take the boy out of the city, but you can’t take the city out of the boy. :grin:

1 Like

No, up to 5 years i believe. Depending on circumstances.
Higher sentencing if firearm is discharged.

You can have a cannon on a shotgun licence.

Smooth bore weapon with a barrel not less than 24 inches.