Boilers

thumbs up for vaillant , yesterday ran them to arrange overdue service . expecting a 3 week wait at this time of year . yes sir , we have availabilty for today and can book you in. the most cheerful engineer ever turned up and serviced the bolier and even put a new thermostat in [ which i don`t think was covered under the policy but shhhh ] i get this level of service consistantly from this company so when it comes to replacement i think its going to be another one

Wank.

2 Likes

We had the a similar annual service from our local man. Ā£35.00. Good lad.

3 Likes

We also use a local engineer, a third of the cost of a service by Baxi.

1 Like

Good, local trustworthy engineers are always the best option, but I would say that.

I am constantly fucking amazed at just how comfortable people are to haemorrhage money to get services done by national companies, rather than put a little effort into sourcing a good independent engineer.

Iā€™m in a filthy fucking mood.

4 Likes

You should ask Phil if you can use his mattress.

2 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

Yeah, right. A little effort you say ? Rocking horse shit is easier to find.

4 Likes

Defeatist bullshit.

aka ā€œThe painful truthā€.

1 Like

Is it fuck.

Yep. How much would you suggest we spunk on unreliable, shit ones, hoping to find the good, reliable one you claim exists ?

2 Likes

Surely a touch of hyperbole?

Well I had no problem at all finding someone.

The guy who fitted our new one a year ago did the service as he was fully qualified with lots of letters on his qualification blur.

He went to school with my son.

His Dad fitted the first one 30 years ago, and had a puppy off me. (Sorry, actually off one of our dogs)

I drink with him.

I like living in a small town. everything seems to be a lot easier.

2 Likes

'aint that the truth.

Mother-in-law has just moved into a house where a boiler was recently changed by an ā€œengineerā€ from a national company. OMFG. Solvent weld waste pipe used for the CH primary circuit. Load of bricks, rubble, wood, etc. left on the garage roof below where theyā€™d installed the flue. No switched spur by the boiler but flex connecting it to a random unmarked one in the kitchen at the other side of the house. RF thermostat receiver mounted practically in contact with the metal case of the boiler so the signal is hopelessly unreliableā€¦

Poor bloke who lived there before probably paid a fortune for that bodge.

1 Like

Mates wonā€™t rip you off. I speak from an awful lot of very bitter experience as tradesmen go

At least with the big boys they will put their mistakes right.

2 Likes

I donā€™t doubt it Mike we have all suffered similar at some stage or other.

Why wait until it breaks down or the full year for a service? We all have friends who have had good service. Get the numbers and get calling in good time.

Go to the local merchants and ask at the counter for a couple of their good customers cards. Call and tell them the manager recommended them.

I had to do this to find a HETAS guy recently.

1 Like

All my servicing is on a BG contract mate.

Iā€™m talking a new bathroom fitting, a new power shower, new Rads on 2 separate occasions.

If my boiler goes pop, that will also go to BG. At least I have some comeback that way.

:upside_down_face:

Just check your garage roof afterwards.:rofl: