Bored of my amp

Just been looking at that, seems a bit overpriced though

Can’t find a price on the new one, a few older second hand ones available though.

If you can live without a remote this might be worth considering.

‘-- 14 day return if not happy --’

Might be a bit too much for me money and feature wise.
I only have a single source and don’t need a remote or anything else fancy.

They certainly didn’t waste any money on styling… it’s uglier than my old lump

Where did that come from? I think you need to try the link again

I think possibly it may be. My old PMA-2000AE sold a few years back for around £800 IIRC, and the 2500NE about £1200 although thats the latest version with the DAC built in. They are all pretty much the same amplifier under the different cases.

Probably not what you are after but if you don’t need welding machine power, then the Bryston B60R is worth a look, pretty much fit and forget for me.

1 Like

That’s my HH amp. I’d say it’s marginally prettier than the Lamm you linked to

There was a single input battery powered pre that was around a few years ago @gthang had one and I think @Adpully had one as well.
It was cheap and very good, Long time ago when I was looking for a pre-amp it was brought along and beat most things on offer, I didn’t go there because of single input reasons, not because of sound quality.
I can’t remember the make but I am sure someone will.

1 Like

I actually had one, but I can’t remember what it was called either. Good bit of kit for the money,

Nighthawk ?

I used a Modwright LS36.5 with the Aleph 2s

They are very, very good with a valve pre. I used them with an Audio Research LS26. That was absolutely booted into the weeds by a Pass XP20 whereupon it became obvious that I was going to buy the current floorboard bending monos.

No. it wasn’t a Nighthawk, it is bugging me now!

Bottlehead?

Klyne?

No none of those, it was Chinese I think and about £50, I might have to find my bake off thread on the Wam :flushed:

It came in a bag, I think it was a battery auto transformer.

What about diy, how well is the B1 and the Aleph 1.7 thought of? Should be a good match in theory no?

It’ll be interesting to see what you end up changing too as that Snell MWI combo was utter magic tbf.

1 Like