Bored of my amp

Accuphase E-650 Class A Integrated.

https://dougbradyhifi.com/collections/intergrated-amplifier/products/accuphase-e-650-class-a-integrated-amplifier

4 Likes

16 300Bs lol

1 Like

Bonus points for anything stolen from a 1930s cinema.

1 Like

Only sounds good with nos WE’s.

1 Like

Indeed, if you ask nicely Lynn might chuck in a load of a WD 300b’s.

3 Likes

I have a pair, if you are really interested.

She certainly won’t chuck in any WE 300B :grinning:

Not popular on here but I really liked my krell ksa100 power amp, going up in price but can still get one for £1500 in good condition

Revommending my own amp here so very biased by the Conrad johnson premier 350 is highly regarded and loads of power for your As

1 Like

Had one of those as well.
Very nice.
Martin Collums used one as his reference amp for 6-7 years.

Happy to pop round with my Accuphase if you want to try it. :+1:

I have to say, I have a Krell K-300i here at the moment and it is seriously good. Needs a volume knob though.

One that goes to 11 ?

1 Like

I had Snell A2s for years and never liked them with transistors, and also didn’t need high power tbh

I have some here at the moment and during the refurb I switched the high resistance choke in the bass crossover for a low ohm choke. That sorted the bass out and gained some sensitivity, so the mid and treble pad resistors were tweaked to match. All measured before & after etc

I am currently listening to these Snell A2s with a PSE 300B amp, it sounds lovely.

The best I ever had out of them was a PSE 300B amp on the bass, and a matching PSE 2A3 amp on the mid/treble. I think @akaYoda may recall that setup. Lots of shiny copper :grin:

If you really want class a transistors, a big old Gryphon was the best one I have heard back in the late 90s

2 Likes

Host a power amp bake off. I’m sure there are plenty in your area that would be happy to bring something potentially suitable along?

1 Like

Fixed

Some seriously good suggestions and some real rabbit holes.

I might be buying a pair of Aleph 2 monos. Should be interesting.
Fuck knows what I will do pre amp wise :rofl:

3 Likes

SJS?

2 Likes

I had Aleph 2s here for a couple of years. @Jim’s old pair via @thebiglebowski with @Rob998 providing haulage. Bloody excellent things. Only seen off by the Pass Labs behemoths I have now. I ran them with long xlr leads and short speaker cables to hide them behind the speakers and keep the heat away from me.

Very good choice.

1 Like