Boxing

A surprising result for AJ… I saw the footage of the weigh in and it appeared to be an utter mismatch yet apparently he was well beaten by Ruiz. He may find it extremely difficult to get near those belts again. Will have to go and find footage of the fight today.

Typical overhyped British fighter.

Nah, he’s not overhyped he is a top fighter who for reasons unknown looked totally unprepared and fatigued. He will come back and do Ruiz but have to watch Fury and Wilder take the advantage, especially psychologically.

Now we’ll find out if he has the guts for it.

Fair play to Ruiz though, he took his shot. He pounded AJ to the body and weakened him. Not at all what I’d expect, which is why something looks wrong.

He looks super fit but how much real hard graft did he do in training. He got lucky against Klitschko and his arms look too heavy. Like Bruno he is not a natural fighter.

That’s what I suspect, athletic prep but not the real will power building stuff.

2 Likes

Perhaps AJ needs to watch back all of Butterbean’s old fights to learn a thing or two about toughness over and above athleticism and build.

1 Like

Anyone going to the Josh warrington match tonight in Leeds ?

Quite a night by all accounts , incredible security to get in , with metal detectors and airport style seven sniffer dogs to catch out all the drugs .

Listening to Joshua v Pulev right now.

Quiet first two rounds.

3rd round barrage from Joshua. Could be over soon.

1 Like

Not sure how Pulev survived that round

1 Like

Well I predicted AJ in 5, so here it goes :wink:

Pulev still dangerous looking for that one big punch

1 Like

Joshua boxing with his head the last couple of rounds

So far ahead on points, he just needs to be careful and he’ll win by a distance.

Have the feeling J has settled for the rounds win…

Sounds like it, but he’ll want to put him away if he can,.

All done

Whda we know Heh…

1 Like

Fury v Joshua should be fun then