Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Theresa May demanding stuff, including respect…

1 Like

We’ve offered the EU our Chequers deal. The EU hasn’t offered us anything.

Err. Yes they have.

2 Likes

Because obvious gif is obvious.

3 Likes

I wish this leathery old labia in a wig would spend her ‘tireless effort’ refraining from being a global embarrassment.

Negotiations for beginners handbook pg 10

Never ask ‘what do I need’ What should I do’ or say ‘I’m in your hands’ This is how to strike a really bad deal (See pg 7)

1 Like

The EU has a law that states that if any EU member state has a border with a non EU country there has to be a proper border with customs checks etc. Not difficult to understand. The UK has the Good Friday agreement which states that there cannot be a border or checks of any kind between Northern Ireland and Eire. Again simple to grasp.

Not a lot of wriggle room. Nought to negotiate. It requires the UK or the EU or both to change their laws.

Why do the knob head Brexit supporters think it’s easy to solve without change of laws?

1 Like

Brexit means Brexit.
Knobheads are knobheads.

1 Like

I believe it would require the EU to make a change. But the UK has already signed up to the backstop agreement

… in the absence of agreed solutions, the United Kingdom will maintain full alignment with those rules of the Internal Market and the Customs Union which, now or in the future, support North-South cooperation, the all-island economy and the protection of the 1998 Agreement.

(my bold). So if the EU does not agree to a UK proposal (e.g. Chequers) then we’ve said that we’ll stay aligned with the rules of the IM and the CU. That doesn’t exactly put a lot of pressure on the EU to compromise their principles.

VB

1 Like

Why should they? We’ve decided to leave and they have a rule or law that works.

3 Likes

Given that Brexit was mostly about immigration and the free movement of EU labour, with ‘taking control of our borders’, one of the big slogans, surely there has to be a border in Ireland to satisfy the Brexiteers.
Otherwise what is stopping EU citizens travelling to Eire and then just moving across to Northern Ireland and onward to the UK mainland?

I have never been to Ireland (Northern or Southern) but if you catch a ferry from Northern Ireland to Scotland are there any passport checks etc?

Does it?

i think that was a separate agreement in 20111.

I’ve no idea? I thought the 97 Good Friday was the current position.

Everyone on all sides keep a mentioning the GF.

Are you from the future?

1 Like

Theresa Churchill

2 Likes

no

No, why would there be passport checks on an internal journey?
It would be like having passport control on the Severn Bridge.

Also there has never been passport control between the UK and Eire, I went on loads of family holidays to Ireland and we never had passports.

As a child I fantasized about being a pilot or a trapeze artist. Mr. MWS’s recent reveries have been refined to being a French or Irish smuggler

1 Like

Shiveurre me timbeurres. Salted.

2 Likes

But that is my point.

Unless there is a border between Northern Ireland and Eire then effectively we will not have taken back control of our borders?

On Newsnight yesterday the EU representative was asked what their plan for an Irish border is in the event of ‘No Deal’ - it was put to him that there would have to be a hard border with check posts etc. He didn’t know how, or was unwilling, to answer.

Surely you mean a British smuggler ? The whole* point of leaving the EU is that once we’re out the price of everything here will tumble, and ‘independent traders’ will be able to make a very comfortable living taking ivory, apes, peacocks, sandalwood, cedarwood and sweet white wine quietly into Dundalk at dead of night.

VB

*Not forgetting sending all the foreigners home, of course.

1 Like