Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

No that’s the single market problem.

The CU problem is that unless the EU gives us an incredible bespoke deal we would have to abide by all their rules but have no input on making those rules - so no ‘taking back control’.
Also we wouldn’t be able to do our own trade deals with other countries.

https://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/why-would-eu-agree-labours-customs-union-proposal/

5 Likes
1 Like

Bad poetry yay.

I see a whole new future trade for @wayward, every cloud etc.

shit_creek_paddles_mug

1 Like

Be interesting to see how many cabinet members will now push for no deal.

I would have said that was more up @murrayjohnson’s street, but he’d have to enter into a coalition with the Brownies.

4 Likes

Presuming she survives the NC vote it will be interesting to see just how many people there are left in the cabinet.
This could be the fastest promotions in history for some people

Back bencher to tea boy in the Whips office to Minister of State in a few months!

The searchlight will swing round to JC and the opposition if/when the NC vote is lost.

No consensus in parliament means we may well end up in dogfight territory where no deal looks most likely.

Strange that the pound rose slightly tonight but I guess this is a holding position given that even the traders are in unchartered territory.

The pound may have risen because the market feels that Brexit may be slightly less likely to happen.

2 Likes

Haha, came across this…

5 Likes

The other opinion peice isn’t too shabby either

6 Likes

The last sentence tells all

It is unclear if any better deal — one in which, for example, Britain’s leaving the European Union would actually benefit anyone — is possible.

1 Like
2 Likes

I think I follow Brexit as much as the next masochist, and there’s plenty I fail to understand.

In the big scheme of things, however, it’s the Brexiteers who are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory that I understand the least. They’ll never ever get a chance to leave and make a decent stab of it (no deal doesn’t afford them this luxury) as good as this. And all because of an insurance policy that nobody wants to use!

One should never miss a chance to point out “this is just like in the west wing”…so

3 Likes

Best nip out & put two bob on a horse…

1 Like

Shhhh! Don’t tell them, Pike!

1 Like

Meanwhile in Stoke:

9 Likes

So, vote of no confidence today then, which will likely fail as the 118 Tory rebels fall back in line to try to save their seats etc.

Subsequently May goes crawling back to the EU with even less ability to influence the outcome, and will be told to FO in no uncertain terms.

Then what - go directly to No Deal, do not pass Go etc?

Well, Mrs May must present her Plan B in 72 hours for debate which allows amendment. More to the point though:
https://twitter.com/MsKateLyons/status/1085334974151090178?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Grieve et al are starting to move legislation. The key is who controls business and that battle is yet to be fought.