Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

This is something I keep saying to my Project Managers :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yep, that’s an approach, but definitely not a plan!

1 Like

Has a beard.
Has a fascination with vegetables.
Has a plan.

Corbyn or Baldrick?

1 Like

They’ve had the six tests since at least March 2017. As I understand it the latest letter just repeats five of these (the one about ‘exact same benefits’ - was that a quote from an earlier David Davis promise ? - has disappeared). Whether you think they were a plan or not depends, I guess, on how much detail you feel a plan needs to have.

People also disagree on how much you’re allowed to alter your plan as you go along, particularly if circumstances change and/or new things come to light. At one extreme if you alter it your critics will say ‘you’re making it up as you go along’. At the other if you don’t alter it you’ll hit the iceberg and you and your principles will join the Titanic on the sea bed.

It’s been a while since I was on a project management course but IIRC we did cover the processes needed to change the project plan if/when that was needed.

VB

1 Like

U wot mate?

A plan is typically any diagram or list of steps with details of timing and resources, used to achieve an objective to do something. See also strategy. It is commonly understood as a temporal set of intended actions through which one expects to achieve a goal.

To summarise: A wish list is not a plan.

They weren’t a plan. In fact they were impossible to meet and designed expressly to avoid having a plan.

Neither is piggybacking on to a cross-party backbench initiative at the last minute ‘a plan’.

1 Like

The six tests, as I understood it, were all based on unrealistic claims made by government spokespeople about what could be achieved. The idea was to hold them to those claims knowing perfectly well that the government wouldn’t be able to come up with any plan that actually satisfied those claims and that any criticism of the 6 tests by the government was basically always going to be an admission that they were unachievable. But that wasn’t a secret. They always made clear where the 6 tests had come from.

Baldrick, Corbyn doesn’t have a plan

1 Like

I bet Corbyn’s got 6 vests.

Remember when he forgot what 5 of his tests were in an interview. lol.

1 Like

Oh, I thought they had a plan… come on then, tell us what it is…

I’m sorry. Who has claimed that the 6 tests were a plan? Do you have a link to that?
They were tests. The clue is in the use of the word Tests. They were to be applied to the set of proposals the government put forward.

The toy/pram expulsion continues.

3 Likes

You said they had a plan. Then posted a load of waffle about six tests. You seem confused. Not surpised, to be fair, it must be hard to keep up with defending Jizza’s bollox.

:man_shrugging:

You’ve picked one definition of a plan. Dictionaries usually include more than one. Another one, from here is ‘An intention or decision about what one is going to do’. Given that the process of reaching an agreement with the EU was always going to involve negotiation I’d have thought that a list of goals (wishes, if you like) would be an obvious starting point.After that, at the risk of repeating myself

VB

At the risk of repeating myself, a list of goals is not a plan. It’s a list of goals.

We can call it a set of proposals.if it makes it simpler for you to grasp.

1 Like

Six step plan

1. Hand keys of the country to adults - Probably Denmark, maybe Bhutan
  2. Build wall around Runcorn
  3. Have nap
  4. Assassinate Trump
  5. Nap
  6. Hang out with Black rod, put trickle down economics in bin, ice cream (Probably strawberry)
5 Likes

It would certainly have been less confusing if you called it what it actually was from the start. :rofl:

I don’t really care any more, labour have shown themselves to be an absolute joke, and no use in helping sort this mess out, so I’m just going to enjoy trolling you as you run round in circles trying to defend Jizza.

Tusk & Juncker seemed to grasp what it was about. You were too busy flinging rattles & soft toys all around the nursery. :grinning:

1 Like

You could quit while you’re behind and retain some dignity. :rofl:

As I said, I’ve long given up on labour as helping provide any solution. So I’m consoling myself by mocking from the sidelines.

I’m sure when brexit happens I’ll survive ok. Unlike I suspect most labour voters.

1 Like