Bristol 23

It wasn’t my main mission…but useful reinforcements all the same.

6 Likes

Ha, three of those are the same except for the graphics, they probably all go to the same supplier and get them for thrupence a box :+1:

Harbeth pen = all inks are the same colour.

3 Likes

Down to my last harbeth from 2018 haul

1 Like

Were there no t shirts?

I spent so much time looking at dull hifi equipment I missed all the good stuff. I’m a rank amateur.

1 Like

Wharfedale drinks cabinet

9 Likes

I confess, there were some actual items of hifi I rather liked. Poor form in a pen thread I know but;
The Rega Naia

Neat Elite Classic

Epos ES14N

Vivid Kaya S12

New Audiolab 9000s

It sounded good- no really, it did.

I enjoyed this a lot;

And then there was this…

Is it finished to the standard of an eight grand turntable? Err no. Was it being demoed on equipment that appeared to have been fished out of a skip? Yes. Did Arthur take time out from his busy schedule (and talking about the turntable) to go on an extended diatribe about Touraj and Vertere? Oh yes. Despite all that- did it sound pretty good? Yeah, it did.

7 Likes

Hello, I’m interested in this speaker.

Yes sir it is an excellent performer

Is it available in a range of colours?

Why of course, what did Sir have in mind?

Dildo.

I, I’m sorry what was that

Sex toy my good man, I would like them to match my collection of sex toys

6 Likes

Nah, should’ve stuck with the pens.

In fairness, as press scum I also got:

A new mug

Covfaff

Emergency breakfast

Whatever this is

The coolest thing was this though

Which is the best branded usb stick I’ve ever seen

12 Likes

Magnificent!

Wow, impressively useful, unlike the pens :grinning:

I want Wonder Crema.

I don’t know why you bothered with the hifi pics when you had stuff like that to salivate over!

1 Like

I’d never knowingly come across Arthur before. He was very entertaining, especially when a knowledgeable chap from Stereonet was teasing information out of him.

But, the highlight was that he had an amp balanced on a cardboard shelf. Literally, a piece of cardboard wedged between left and right hand sides of the stand. He told me hed forgotten the actual shelf and improvised.

His speakers were Philips laserline with a sub which he’d picked up for a total of £300. And, it did sound better than a LOT of the rooms.

My favourite rooms / sounds were -

Voxativ (211 integrated valve amp with Ampeggio speakers)

The Von Gaylord room sounded great with valve monos and their reference speakers

A Big Accuphase class A integrated with £38k Pro-acs sounded good.

Audio Note sounded decent, but not as good as other years perhaps. Although, the kit looked better finished perhaps.

3 Likes

It’s worth pointing out that the Nagaoka pen is shit. The ball point tip emerges from a very soft rubber blob which gives & moves as you try to write.

I’ve no doubt they’re trying to give some kind of expensive cushioned feel so the user doesn’t notice what a cheap & nasty pen this is but I’m not fooled. Cuntz.

2 Likes

They must have forgotten to give you a tablet or PC with a touch screen to go with the soft touch pen.
I would give them a call :grinning:

2 Likes

No LEDs on the Chord badge, shocking!

1 Like