Car Detailing Faff

What foo are you using?

Having not bothered for ages I feel the need to faff on the fat corolla. It could really use a clay bar.

I need to wax it as well, but oh so many choices these days.

These are the best thing ever:

3 Likes

Hairy flutes?

2 Likes

If you want to get a proper good finish then clay bar followed by auto glym super resin polish.
I’ve a friend who runs a little detailing business and he swears by the clay bar followed by quality polish.

I used autoglym products on my old blue mini, came up a treat at show time on the club stand.

1 Like

Ugh, just the expression ‘detailing’ makes me feel nauseous :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

The SP10 had a coat of Autoglym :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

@gthang I still want to know what Korean towels are.

Used to use autoglym, and Meguires in the states, but now so much foo autoglym would be boring. I want more faff and more foo.

Clay Bar.

Loved his first country and western album.

3 Likes

I nearly laid a clay bar in my pants this morning.

3 Likes

If you want to get a proper good finish then clay bar followed by auto glym super resin polish.
I’ve a friend who runs a little detailing business and he swears by the clay bar followed by quality polish.

:+1:The old beast was treated this way last autumn. Bilthamber? Clay bar uses water as the wetting agent once you have given it two thorough washes. The blue clay still comes away black. Then the autoglym to give a smooth finish followed by a good waxing. It will take you all day as once started you must finish or is that not enough faff?

My car is covered in bird shit and I’m slightly concerned that it might do some damage before the service in October, which is when it receives its traditional annual wash. But I’m probably not concerned enough to actually wash it.

4 Likes

I bung the local illegal immigrant money laundering business a few quid every few months.
Can’t remember the last time I washed a car.

2 Likes

hirstute?

Did you have some of @A_Touch_of_Cloth s bake well last night?

1 Like

The guys at Didcot Tesco are very good. Especially for £7 :+1:

I had to look that up.

:+1:

Ha, I think that may take weeks to appear. :grin:

I moved away from AutoGlym several years ago, I’m a Bilt Hamber man these days. Their products often come out top in group tests.

https://www.bilthamber.com/

2 Likes