Car Detailing Faff

They are very soft, seamless polishing / buffing / drying towels made in Korea. Can spend varying amounts.

1 Like

Theyā€™re made of a top secret mix of dried kimchi and dog fur left over from the gogi-gui industry.

2 Likes
3 Likes

2 Likes

car detailing, itā€™s like having a wank in public except no one else gives a shit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ta, ordered the clay bar and double speed wax.

1 Like

Autosmart Tardis is a great solvent for cleaning the paintwork. Polished Bliss use it on every detail they do, which speaks volumes.

On light metallic paint I like Finish Kare high temp paste wax. Their FK425 quick retailer is excellent. The anti static properties and beading are unbeatable imo.

Bilt Hamber are no nonsense and generally class leading with real world prices, just like gthang says. I use their Korrosol. If youā€™ve never tried an iron remover you should try theirs. Their snow foam is also the best imo and I use it every time.

If you use Tardis and Korrosol you generally donā€™t need to use a clay bar.

Iā€™ve also used Gyeon products and theyā€™re very good. Their wetcoat spray on silica quartz coating is a great time saving option.

I sometimes use Meguiars all purpose cleaner for cleaning the wheel arches and rims.

Inside Iā€™m using Auto finesse dressle which is quick to use and leaves a nice Matt finish, smells decent too.

The Dr Leather cleaner is expensive but the best Iā€™ve used (better than Meguiars gold class and Autoglym).

Iā€™m going to polish the Audi soon using a dual action polisher and Menzerma polishes. I did the Porker a few years ago and then put Gyeon mohs on it.

1 Like

Which DA do you have? i keep meaning to buy one to correct the paint on my bmw, which is very hard.

Very easy to use. Good quality. Safe to use.

2 Likes

Ive bought microfobre towels from these guys and found them good.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F130866202582

1, 2 & 3 I understand. But WTF are ā€˜Additional Body Servicesā€™? May be a question for Stronzetto?

Car cleaning? I use the Polish chaps down the road, mostly. I occasionally do it myself as I quite enjoy cleaning the car and it gets the usual round of Turtlewax and Autoglym products.

But car detailing? Stuff that. Life is too bloody short.

That is car detailing.

2 Likes

Could be tempted to visit this year.

The mind garden has a manual wash facility

Will there be guys with little trolleys doing car washes in the car park? :smiley:

Probably.

I have an arrangement with my car that, when it stops throwing repair jobs at me, itā€™ll get cleaned. Itā€™s pretty dirty right now!

My aunt did buy me what looks like an electric toothbrush for car detailing. It works very well for cleaning up the interior old valve amps. No way am I keen enough to use it on a car.:rofl:

1 Like

We will be at the ring!

2 Likes

blimey - can someone translate. I recognise the term ā€œbeadingā€, but I suspect the context is wrongā€¦

4 Likes