Car Detailing Faff

Beading is bad.

Nano polishes let the water sheet off so you don’t end up with little dust rings when it dries.

There was also a school of thought that posited that the beads acted like lenses concentrating the suns rays onto the paintwork like thousands of magnifying glasses roasting thousands of ants…

Obviously this was bollocks.

Or was it? :thinking:

Fuck me, this is going to be like the coffee thread. :sob:

8 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Can’t hear you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Magnifying glasses. Faaahsands of 'em…

3 Likes

I heard similar, when I was crazy enough to want to detail a car. Sheeting is where its at

1 Like

I use this, every wash is awesome :+1:

What do you use on the car though?

7 Likes

You need to get out more. :blush:

2 Likes

Embrace faff.

1 Like

As my new vehicle is not only pretty much mint but also has an engine bay you could eat your dinner out of, even after 87,000 miles, I have a worrying feeling that this detailing faff is destined to become a major part of my life…

:persevere:

1 Like

This is what you need for engines (It’s very very good) -

https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/303-aerospace-protectant?utm_source=google_shopping&aid=4712&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2PKL2M2z4QIV1eJ3Ch1mNQ3AEAQYASABEgJayvD_BwE#180=161

1 Like

Don’t be silly - I won’t be bothering with that nonsense.

Hmmmm, 946ml one is better value…

2 Likes

Had me at “aerospace”.

3 Likes

Bilt hamber’s Auto QD works very well as waterless wash, (on the basis the car is loaded up with wax). Dilute 50% with water and spray on, wipe off, job done.

Here is a selection of my detailing foo

5 Likes

It didn’t get rid of the little black squiggle on the bumper though did it ?

4 Likes

On most cars that’s the Nëvërbëënröündring.

5 Likes

Car detailing faff-foo packaging looks like a high- end cosmetic/hair brand that is trying to look industrial/professional. :grinning:

Is it the same as yours Ritchie? :rofl:

8wOO

1 Like