Car engine remapping

Can anyone recommend a company near London that remaps car engines? My new BTJ’s car needs a little boost.

4 Likes

Milton Keynes?

Was the old one too bent to repair?
What have you got now?

Maybe this instead.
Example https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/bmw/5-series-g30_g31-from-2016/530i-1998ccm-252hp-185kw-350nm.html

The Beemer was a right off, my new car is… Skoda Citigo se. 59 bhp.

1 Like

Cost of car- £200.00

Cost of insurance uplift for non manufacturers performance upgrade to 60 bhp £2000

Performance has its price.

Well if you buy a little run around that is what you get, what is the point of trying to up the performance of a car that doesn’t have any performance to ‘up’?

If you want a BTJ you will have to up your game :grinning:

2 Likes

400 - 59 = 341 :grin:

But with remapping Jim?

I can get it up to 80 bhp.

3 Likes

Why not buy a car with 80hp to start with?

2 Likes

Do the insurance company / hire car people know what you intend doing with the courtesy car provided?
I can’t think of another reason why you would have one of these!

1 Like

Courtesy car? I do not do much driving so a cheap runaround is just what I want. I could add some ‘go faster’ stripes.

3 Likes

Second daughter just traded her Kia Sportage for a Fiat 500 Abarth, nice little car the Abarth, more power than 59bhp.

Why didn’t you buy the 74bhp verson?

1 Like

I did look for the 74 bhp version but the ones I saw were just not good enough condition and I want a car quite quickly, hence the mapping.

I would have bought the Abarth Bob but my insurance is quite high and I do very little driving nowadays.

These add about 10BHP, and are also carbon fibre so are lighter for a lower centre of gravity and better handling win/win :+1:

7 Likes