Carving bodies and necks

Surely we will when he’s on Later …

1 Like

After 2 and half years I’ve finally got off the Island.

No guitar faf for a while.

22 Likes

Oh mate. You lucky thing. Enjoy :+1::+1:

1 Like

Back home yesterday morning.
I’d actaully finished the nut before we went away. I believe the strings are supposed to sit in a slot that is 50% of strings diameter deep. I haven’t managed that because I totally forgot to taper the nut so it’s shallower towards the higher strings, hence why the finer strings are sitting deep inside to match the fretboard’s radius. Cba to bugger about with it any further.

Can’t blame the tools…
Eighty quid’s worth of premium Japanese 10-46 nut slot files :roll_eyes:

20220402_112842442

20220402_1128424421

20220402_11284244215

There’s no pinging noises while tuning and the strings are the correct height from the first fret, so all ok.

Faffed around this morning setting up the bridge, just about enough play in the saddles to achieve correct intonation. Note to self, next time position the bridge 5mm further back from the scale length.

String height and action is good, all the harmonics are where they should be, and there’s no chocking when bending strings. It holds tune and actually plays well, lovely growl from the P90s too.

20220402_11284244

20220329_15544415

Job done.

34 Likes

That is fabulous. Well played Sir!

1 Like

Awesome!
To make that from scratch at the first attempt is extremely impressive.

1 Like

Fantastic job

1 Like

You’re obviously a natural at this stuff which I find highly annoying :blush:

You must be well chuffed :+1:

1 Like

Tremendous work Graham, looks great!

1 Like

Great work Graham it looks great. Love the amp/cab too. Is it one of these?

N5X British Overdrive amplifier – Amp Maker: Guitar amp kits and did you build it?

Thanks, yes it’s the N5X and yes I did.

1 Like

I’ve not built an amp since my teens when I put assembled a Heathkit model but I’m tempted to have a go at one of them. Will have a read up.

I also built the fender champ clone kit they offer, just a single volume control.
I prefer it to the N5X for the sort of music I try to play atm (going though a Keith Richards phase) and it takes pedals very well. Something the N5X isn’t quite so happy with.
Both are easy to build as long as you can solder neatly, instructions are excellent.

2 Likes

Well this is totally fucking amazing, well done dude

1 Like

Impressive work that man.

1 Like

I picked up a Boss Katana 100 recently already have the Air which are amazing for the size but quite like the idea of digging out the soldering iron. The probability of everything working when I first power up might be on the low side though :smile:

Pm me an email address and I’ll send you a copy of the instructions.

This one you could do in an afternoon and it really is super.

That is ridiculously excellent! :sunglasses:

1 Like

proxy-image (2)

1 Like

Well done, tremendous achievement.

1 Like