Cheap shit. Post bargain finds here

I have no idea what any of this means - am I about to implode?

No, I doubt it.

Your max bpm is probably somewhere about 180 - 200 for a start.

I also doubt that your current heart rate sat down is c100 bpm (unless your right hand is entertaining you?), so I suspect that’s not an accurate reading.

1 Like

The gym equipment I used to use said a rough guide to max BP under exercise was 220 minus your age so probably about 150 for @Ruprecht :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Mmmkay so the heartbeat thing is weird. On the upside I apparently burned 700 calories whilst sleeping last night. My wife is aghast, personally I’m not, speaking as an all round sportsman.

2 Likes

Move the kettle further away to get those steps in. :+1:

Anymore personal trainer tips needed, give me a bell.

3 Likes

Wait till you have had it for a few weeks, then look at the average daily resting heart rate to get an accurate idea.
If it’s in the 70s then get some faster paced walks in your life

1 Like

Fuck I thought 70 was kind of average / OK

Compared to most people here you are probably classed as elite.

Random internet chart:
I wouldn’t worry much tbh, if you are looking to get fitter then it’s a good baseline to work from. Otherwise if you are happy then just make sure it doesn’t get higher.

1 Like

My resting Hb has always been high in the 70s mostly, even when I used to run 10ks it was around 60. _65

I am average. Reality is a bitch.

Better than being mean.

4 Likes

Yeah medical stuff, physiological stuff etc all changes it.

My resting is pretty consistent, I run 3-4 times a week, do martial arts 3 times a week and do weights twice a week. Has stayed at this level for a few years now. This is the last four weeks:

Mine is always very low. Here is my last 4 weeks I run 4 times a week.
Even when I was three stone heavier and unfit my RHR was around 50.

Damn that’s low! Are you always meditating :person_in_lotus_position: while burning incense?

I am using the Maffetone HR running system but I think I just have a very slow HR anyway - It has been checked by medics as normal for me but I measure at super athlete level. The 190 blip on the chart above was a HRM error - I keep my HR mostly between 106 - 116 BPM for more than 95% of my running over the last 3 months.

Dom - Are you on Strava?

Last time I used a monitor watch thingy it said my average resting bpm was about 42. The last proper ecg I had done about 2 years ago (when I was a lot fitter) came out at 36.

So when I saw 70 on @Ruprecht s watch thing or I thought it must be wrong, but looking at the chart now probably not.

Don’t we all? :joy:
You only have to look around you at the average bake off!

1 Like

Did you have to do a beep test as part of training for new job?

Used to be, but came off. I ended up not enjoying the fun of the run so much, same with races, don’t do them now.
Still do 50-60km a week with a mix of long slow runs and fartlek/sprints

Yes, but that is super easy, it’s not till you go for other more fun units that the level of the test gets demanding and hard. I think most people could pass it if the occasionally jog, otherwise a few weeks training and you will pass it.

1 Like

Yep that’s what I found. It’s a useful tool but it had a tendency for me to make me run faster that I needed to and I enjoyed it more just going out and not worrying about that shit.

1 Like