Chess, I'm rubbish at it

Sam and I used to play chess on a Saturday morning at music centre while we waited for sessions.

We haven’t played in a long time, so I thought this morning it would be nice to get beaten twice…:man_facepalming:.

I blame a red wine induced hangover.

6 Likes

Perhaps you should try to improve your post composition skills before you think about chess :rofl:

2 Likes

Stupid smart phone…:flushed:

1 Like

Sport category :thinking:

3 Likes

I was conflicted.

White to play and fianchetto the king’s side bishop

1 Like

Looks like you have the pieces set up wrong.
The Queen should be on it’s own colour square and they should be opposite each other at the start of the game.

Funny you should say that, just looked at the pictures and wondered the same!

Nobodty could deny the accuracy of the thread title :rofl:

6 Likes

You don’t have authority.
Kings and queens should be opposite each other at the start and the board is setup wrong.
A light square should be bottom right for white.

4 Likes

For you iOS types I can recommend tChess Pro…£9 at apps store tho that buys you six licences with family sharing turned on…

http://www.tchessgame.com/pro.php

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out, I let Sam set it up while I was doing coffee, I hadn’t realized.

Must do better!

1 Like

White’s brought that rook into play far too soon in the match

I have not played online chess for a few months.
I used Lichess - You can play against real ransom people around the world almost instantaneously.

I play usually 5 minute blitz games - Great fun.

3 Likes

It’s a whole new world!

1 Like

6 Likes

I used to play the occassional game against the computer.
Chess was included in W7 but seems to have disappeared with W10

1 Like

I used to enjoy playing as a small child and battering adults, but my days of being able to remember many long move sequences and all their variations are long gone as my grey matter diminishes for that sort of thing.

1 Like

Did you wear their skins?

4 Likes