Childish shit that you do

A decade or two ago Mrs VB had a soft spot for Cadbury’s Roses. She’d keep a box by the side of the sofa and eat two or three of an evening (I’m not joking - she’s infuriatingly ‘maybe, maybe not’ about foods that I find irresistible, anyway …). When the box was empty there’d be a few days gap and she’d buy another one. At one point I bought a large tub and hid it in the living room. I waited until she was about half way down the current box then each evening when she’d gone to bed (always before me) I’d put two or three into the box from the tub. It took her nearly a fortnight to twig that something was not quite right :laughing:.

VB

10 Likes

That’s nothing. I once bought Gillian a box of fantastic hand made chocolates (brought them back from a ridiculously swanky Parisian chocolatier). The following evening, having had a few sherbets, I scoffed the whole lot while she was in bed.

Took her no time at all to call me a selfish, greedy twat. One of those things that regularly gets brought up under ‘and another thing’ when we have an argument.

Think I’ll go for the Cadbury’s Roses next time. A softer landing…

7 Likes

At least you didn’t get pissed up and bid on some massive fugly speakers…

Everyone does that, perfectly normal.

1 Like

I bought a Stands Unique TV stand from @MJ2, I’ve just put it together and transferred all the stuff onto it.

When Claire notices it, I’m going to tell her it’s been there for weeks…

12 Likes

When’s the funeral?

Encourage Max to look for “vermin” (squirrels) in the trees.

Tease Sam about her Yorkshire “carefulness” with £££.

Buy expensive toys like cables for my hifi system.

Pretend to be one of the cool kids by slagging off the mighty Oasis on public forums.

Laugh much too hard at the spewing sequences in Family Guy.

1 Like

shit on the carpet and blame the cats

1 Like

You’ve got to mess with their heads a bit, it’s the one bit of power I have left.

when one of the cats did shit on the carpet, I threatened them with using their litter tray. Louise told me I was being childish…

I should have explained that this was after I claimed the cats understood every word I was saying, and after they looked at me quizzically when I stood in their tray with my pants down…

4 Likes

Did you wake up suddenly to discover it was all just a dream except for the fact that you’d soiled the bed again?

3 Likes

When I’m with the wife or any friends with long hair who have prettied themselves up and perfected their hair for a night out, I HAVE to blow at the hair to ruin it.

When I’m at my parents, when they get food out of the fridge, I put it back. If they put food away, I get it back out and put it on top of the draining board.

I like to put socks on my hands and talk to the resulting puppet friend out loud about how disappointing my wife is and how we shall have to pack our bags and run away to Zurich to be finally happy together - that’s usually after she’s tidied away my tools in the wrong place or has cooked something lovely, but turned it foul with chocolate or breeze block, whatever.

2 Likes

I don’t sleep

I’d be seeking treatment if you think sock puppets are real…At least cats can converse properly :smile_cat:

I used to annoy my ex-Mrs by tidying all her shite up logically, totally fucked with her mind. Apparently she had a different logic.

2 Likes

Fuck me, I’ll have to try that. :+1:

1 Like

I do that with existing wife. Fucks her right off.

1 Like

fuck that for a game of soldiers - I’m not changing a habit of a lifetime just to wind someone up

My Mrs freely admits that she doesn’t like housework, so if I tidy up, she just says “thanks” :smirk:

I like asking why questions. Amuses me no end.

1 Like