Chips - An-Twerps

Thank you.

1 Like

Old West Yes GIF by GritTV

1 Like

Duck fat is very nice - good luck getting a mortgage to buy enough to fill a DFF :ok_hand:

Might try it for a batch in the air fryer mind.

And I also have a cupful of lamb fat from frying-off last night’s moussaka ingredients.

Ever since I watched a 9,000 year old French woman produce the single finest portion of chips I’ve ever eaten in a high sided frying pan with no more than a cm of duck fat in it, I have questioned what I think I know about the required quantities of said substance.

2 Likes

To be fair, most of us don’t get 9,000 years to practice our chip frying.

Now I think about it, there’s probably some merit in the pan based finish, as most fryers top out at 180°C, and you can get a frying pan a lot hotter than that.

Edit: Scratch that, duck fat has a smoke point of 190°C so you wouldn’t be able to get the pan much hotter.

Shoving a huge handful in your gob in one go is one of life’s great pleasures .:ok_hand:

I’ll get my coat.:disappointed_relieved:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

those are Lamb and Wesson Russet Connoisseur.

they are a fucking abomination, unless you’re looking for potato with other crap also found in toothpaste & concrete!

One of the local restaurants here cooks their chips
In beef dripping and then dusts them lightly with salt and smoked paprika.

Fatty, salty. Smoky, crispy, fluffy!

I’m salivating at the thought

None of you can be my friend :confounded:

3 Likes

Fixt…

2 Likes

You’re as bad as that dinner lady who said “of course you like potatoes “.
No you presumptuous old twat, I trust my taste buds more than some random telling me what I like.

2 Likes

Better only than the one who told infants-school-me I’d have to finish my ‘salad’ (mostly lettuce stalk) before she’d give me any pudding. She smirked when I did but stopped when I threw up the whole stomachful on the dining hall floor. I pretty much haven’t eaten lettuce since. But I don’t think there’s a potato dish I don’t like.

4 Likes

If we are going into the “random gif dump” mode that the mods love so much.

If this is your idea of that, 'tis little wonder you’re a miserable cunt :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Any one who puts gravy on chips has a special place reserved in hell., right next to the curry sauce brigade.

Fries aren’t chips

Johnny foreigner can’t do chips.

60% of chippies cant do chips, nor fish for that matter.

As for the best I’ve bought,

Strode Arms, Cranmore, double cooked, each one a delight.

The Cottage, Blackpool. Legendary fish and chip restaurant and take away. Lard and crispy.

4 Likes

A propos of nothing, and certainly not chips, you’ve reminded me of this

which I think is a fantastic thing. Thanks.

1 Like

Can’t be beaten - local to me, welcomce to insanity.

Bob Leading with a devastating combination.

3 Likes