Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Sell Dobbin. Obey the shiny. U noe it.

5 Likes

@Rob998 has history with focusing :wink:

2 Likes

Thought he bought a Fiesta?

1 Like

Christ that is lovely though! :heart_eyes: Enjoy!

^ This lad does actually know what he’s talking about ^

3 Likes

Had some feedback from the local Rolex AD.
There is no place in a queue. They decide where you are based on the consultation and the relationship.
No pressure on me to buy anything, and I think my story about one specific watch for a birthday rang true. Plus I said I had to rush back to work which must have helped on the locality front.
Helped by handing over my DL after the chat that showed I was local AND my dob fitted.

I suspect they are filtering out anyone who has travelled in or who is asking for speculative hits. Also, there was only a few watches they would even consider me for.

4 Likes

Not sure what that implies.
I asked her to be straight If I had zero chance and she basically said I’d be fine. Some models are less in demand.

Steve, give up and buy something decent where you are respected as a customer, Ffs.

4 Likes

Come back to me in six months and we will see.
Maybe you are right… if not I’ve lost nothing trying.

4 Likes

Absolutely creasing here with the insight that your local Rolex dealer has some kind of emotional suitability league table for buying a watch and that you’ve bought into it.

Magic.

7 Likes

No. It’s about wanting the product rather than being a flipper.
That’s it. Is this bloke here to get a quick profit or might he want it for real?

The rest you are reading into it, in your head.
There are lots of recent stories of people on lists for year(s) while other new customers wait two months.

There is an obvious store discretion about how they compile names. Especially at the bottom end of the price list and want list.

Have you considered offering a blow job or a masonic handshake?

6 Likes

Why should the watch shop give a shit, sales a sale.

They only give a shit in those that double in price when flipped as they will try and upsell the buyer another watch because they know the profit the buyer is about to make and they want part of that.

Any road up, best of luck, it’s the watch you want.

Unfortunately the only one I want is the Deep Sea black n blue, so fuck all chance😁

1 Like

They only take sterling, sadly.

Maybe the answer was always in front of me.
Become a fat geordie. Never liked Forest…

Jesus, can we remember who is trying to sell shit to who here.

The way it works if you give them money, they give you product. Anything else is just bullshit.

I pity the idiots who buy into this crap.

6 Likes

Well, apart from your dignity and self-respect…

But well worth it for someone-else’s choice of mass-produced wristwatch sported by millions worldwide :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Yeah. I’ll join the rest of the owners here. I don’t really care.

An especially beautiful small watch required?

4 Likes