Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

The strap is a bit fail.

1 Like

That’s what I tell myself too…

It was a Cartier Tank Francaise 1840 and everyone got quite excited about it at work.

Quite a bit of effort went into trying to trace the donor as they may well not have known etc

2 Likes

They are chunks and dont hide it, this and their anodised bevel was was enough to rule the GMT varient out for me.

1 Like

Far too chunk for my 17.5cm wrist
But then I mainly wear a 36mm datejust

Because 36mm is the gentleman’s size :nail_care:

2 Likes

My Omega Seamaster is 36.
And the Explorer I’m waiting on is 36.

2 Likes

Sometimes I read this thread and think I should put more thought into it than ooooooo shiny.

3 Likes

What’s the RRP on an explorer now? New one on eBay for about 7.5 which doesn’t seem much higher

Discontinued now, but last RRP was £6.1k

1 Like

Was 5150 a year ago. Then 5800, 6000. Now 6100.

Meh. The wait is costing me but I’m hoping it’s only two more months.
It’s not discontinued?! It’s only just gone up this month.
I’ve seen some go on eBay for 6500. Most about 7. Dealers up to 8.

1 Like

Couldn’t make my mind up so went for something I fancied trying that might fill the gap and will ponder on others…

16 Likes

Ooh! V Nice! :star_struck:

Please sell it to me when you’re bored of it - always fancied the blue dial variant to replace my black-dialled, but they’re rather uncommon!

1 Like

I’ll have your black one when he sells you the blue one. :grinning:

2 Likes

Just came across this 2018 - Senator Hand Date 40mm

https://www.hackettwatches.com/watch/2018-senator-date

4 Likes

Nice choice!

1 Like

Nice spot Nick - that’s a keen price too :ok_hand:

2 Likes

This.

Nice design, very good watchmaking, not particularly fashionable → a lot of bang for your buck.

1 Like

Seemed a good price from I could see elsewhere and Dominic Hackett is a decent guy to deal with too.

2 Likes

Ha ha - It’ll be interesting to see what it looks like in the flesh - will let you know…

1 Like

Disappointed I missed the whole vicarious recommend a watch thing. And that some other fucker recommended a Ulysse Nardin.
Nice Sinn, though.

2 Likes