Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

The strap is a bit fail.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I tell myself tooā€¦

It was a Cartier Tank Francaise 1840 and everyone got quite excited about it at work.

Quite a bit of effort went into trying to trace the donor as they may well not have known etc

2 Likes

They are chunks and dont hide it, this and their anodised bevel was was enough to rule the GMT varient out for me.

1 Like

Far too chunk for my 17.5cm wrist
But then I mainly wear a 36mm datejust

Because 36mm is the gentlemanā€™s size :nail_care:

2 Likes

My Omega Seamaster is 36.
And the Explorer Iā€™m waiting on is 36.

2 Likes

Sometimes I read this thread and think I should put more thought into it than ooooooo shiny.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the RRP on an explorer now? New one on eBay for about 7.5 which doesnā€™t seem much higher

Discontinued now, but last RRP was Ā£6.1k

1 Like

Was 5150 a year ago. Then 5800, 6000. Now 6100.

Meh. The wait is costing me but Iā€™m hoping itā€™s only two more months.
Itā€™s not discontinued?! Itā€™s only just gone up this month.
Iā€™ve seen some go on eBay for 6500. Most about 7. Dealers up to 8.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t make my mind up so went for something I fancied trying that might fill the gap and will ponder on othersā€¦

16 Likes

Ooh! V Nice! :star_struck:

Please sell it to me when youā€™re bored of it - always fancied the blue dial variant to replace my black-dialled, but theyā€™re rather uncommon!

1 Like

Iā€™ll have your black one when he sells you the blue one. :grinning:

2 Likes

Just came across this 2018 - Senator Hand Date 40mm

https://www.hackettwatches.com/watch/2018-senator-date

4 Likes

Nice choice!

1 Like

Nice spot Nick - thatā€™s a keen price too :ok_hand:

2 Likes

This.

Nice design, very good watchmaking, not particularly fashionable ā†’ a lot of bang for your buck.

1 Like

Seemed a good price from I could see elsewhere and Dominic Hackett is a decent guy to deal with too.

2 Likes

Ha ha - Itā€™ll be interesting to see what it looks like in the flesh - will let you knowā€¦

1 Like

Disappointed I missed the whole vicarious recommend a watch thing. And that some other fucker recommended a Ulysse Nardin.
Nice Sinn, though.

2 Likes