Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

It is, but it’s quite a cock-up. Drop quite a lot of money on a great watch. Wear it for ~4 months then your wife buys you a Fitbit and you get weirdly addicted to it.

The VC looks quite big. But lovely.
I like the IWC top middle, which is the inge?

The Inge (IWC Ingenieur) is the one you’ve pointed out - top middle.

It’s quite an oddball - JLC movement with a gold-tipped rotor, boy’s size (34mm Ø), with a strange integrated leather strap mechanism that really deserves to be consigned to the dustbin of history. I think late 80s, early 90s.

I bought it for the wife on honeymoon in Florence in 2001. If she’s worn it three times I’d be surprised :laughing:

edit: the VC isn’t particularly big - it’s 40mm. The IWC Mark XII (top left) is the old-style “Mark” case and is 36mm. The real monster is the IWC Aquatimer (next to the VC). It’s 42mm and the bracelet makes it very weighty.

1 Like

That is small. I couldn’t get any perspective on the sizes without at least one reference point.
I don’t tend to look at anything beginning with a 4 in size and I’m used to 36.
I’d not go lower!

1 Like

That Vacheron is the bomb.

Wondering if the much needed replacement strap on my Zenith might be blue.

Given I only learned of them by accident an hour ago, I am sure that buying one would be the same as setting £1,299 on fire but I rather like the ‘Seasonal Dale’ made by Howard Pinchbeck;

It’s an ETA 2824 inside so it’ll probably tell the time reasonably well too.

3 Likes

I stumbled upon them originally when we were looking to move to the village of the same name, and rather like some of their more traditional designs, but they exist in a hinterland between microbrands and true watchmakers, which makes committing to their prices a true labour of love.

I would love to know where they get their cases made - if, as they claim, they really are made in the UK. The only casemaker I’m aware of is Bremont - and that’s very recent.

I like those, but would probably stick with something similar by Nomos which I believe you already have?

Love those Ingenieurs, I had a 3521 for a few years, such a lovely thing! I found the size to be spot on for me, but then my other two are a 34mm and 36mm.

IWC by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

IWC 3521 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

6 Likes

Out:

In:

I only have two orangey watches left! :open_mouth:

8 Likes

Like both of them :+1:

2 Likes

Heads up. 10% off watches over £1500 promotion on eBay running until 22nd.

2 Likes

There are a LOT of reasons not to own a Rolex, but an increasingly common one is incidents like this one:

Straightforward robberies-with-violence are frequent enough they go unreported by the media usually, but fatal attacks appear to be on the increase.

It’s not just the UK, obviously - tourists have always been an easy mark -

And the watch doesn’t even have to be real - [sorry for the Hate Mail links]

Take care out there…

1 Like

Christ, what a sad state of affairs.

2 Likes

Just buy a fucking Rolex and get it over with. You want it so bad.

2 Likes

Terrible.

ahaha

Incoming.

Ll Cool J Running GIF by ION

1 Like

Shock horror no UN in the final running. The Marine Torpilleur was nice but the recent price hike has lifted it out of ‘well priced bargain to nutters like me’ into ‘ it’s too much’ territory. Also the annual calendar is the one I really want and that just not happening at the moment.

So the choice came down to a Planet Ocean GMT and a Panerai PAM321.

So this hit the doormat thanks to Bogdan the DPD dude.

Ticks all my Panerai wants.
44mm to accommodate my ham wrists.
Hacking and zeroing small seconds.
12 hour GMT (hidden under hour hand at present)
Power reserve
Sandwich dial
Display case back for the P9002 movement.

It’s an utter strap monster too so looking forward to trying some truly horrifying strap options I’ve seen, green alligator with red and white stitching and a branded ‘tattoo’ strap are just two of the utterly gopping ones I’ve seen and want.

The PO put up a good fight but it was slightly smaller and just that bit more normal and that just isn’t me.

15 Likes

I couldn’t possibly carry something like this off, but it looks great!