Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Kinell. Serious bargain.

This should really go to a collector… If only we had one on here…

5 Likes

If only I still wore watches…

Are you still pretending you are not going to buy it?! Bloody hell, two days now. Get it bought.

1 Like

I like it, but it’s too good to wear. Perversely, if it was a scruffy old one it’d get some wear and I’d probably have it. So, no.

I’m really liking this one.

2 Likes

I like that a lot

1 Like

It’s another one of those modern takes with a simple, clean design. I like that.

A-13A ripoff, except without the wonderful centre-minutes chronograph…

1 Like

The Aera is sexy as hell though, that A-13A not so much. I do like it and see the resemblance.

You’re going to hate me for this as well but I prefer a watch without a chronograph function really :grimacing:

This ^^^ :+1::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

:scream:
How do you time your pour over coffee?

1 Like

That must be it! I’m a tea drinker :joy:

1 Like

With the added bonus that you can read it without having to pop on the reading glasses.

1 Like

I do think the central ones are the best type though.

You are Rong™ - as usual, of course - but that’s fine, free cuntry 'n’all that.

1 Like

“Alexa, 2 minute timer”

A pair of VC 222s at A Collected Man. But, £52.5k each :joy:

Still, I’m sure somebody will pay that.

4 Likes

Down in Brighton with the family this week. Today I took the train here:

to pick up this:

My grandfather’s IWC Mark XI which he passed to me just before I left home for university in 1990. He died shortly after, and the watch soon stopped working following an incident involving a luminous frisbee and lots of beer…

It sat unloved in a box of knick-knacks for the next 30 years. Never forgotten, but not given the attention it deserved.

Fast forward to 2021 and while PMing @dom about the Modwright amplifier he was selling, I enquired about getting the watch repaired. I was completely unaware of the popularity of these watches and the prices they can command. It was a nice surprise which brought a smile to my old dear’s face. She remembers her dad wearing the watch when she was a child.

My original post-repair plan was to immediately sell or auction the watch and hold the money for FoL. After wearing it today, I may hang onto it for a while :grinning:

Thanks again to @dom for his help, skill and expertise.

18 Likes

Missed you by a couple of hours, I was also @dom this afternoon picking up a speedie that needed a bit of work.
Then I went back to Brighton to pick up some records from Resident.
A great record shop and worth a visit if you are in Brighton for a few days,
Beautiful IWC.

3 Likes

Out of the park WIN there.

Good grief that’s a lovely “find”.

WIN.

Sorry, had to say that again.

3 Likes