Cocktail hour

Mate, that’s absolutely bloody brilliant. Thank you!

1 Like

like the Oxo Steel one, nabbed me one. You can never have too many measuring cups

1 Like

I’ve ordered both, like The Master told me to.

2 Likes

When I worked the jump in Oz we all free-poured our cocktails. One night we decided to fp - v - measured. The FPs were not that far off; some a little more, some a little less. Either way, the 4 of us were pretty chuffed.

2 Likes

I like Campari and Soda- few drops of grapefruit bitters bring it alive for me.

The ones from Bitter Bastards are the best Bitter Bastards Grapefruit Bitters 10cl - Master of Malt

1 Like

Nice, thanks.

Given the heat I figured it would be refreshing and I was wondering about proportions.

I through up.

I usually to about 25ml Campari to 50ml soda perhaps 75ml sodo

1 Like

Have you been drinking ?

The internet seems to concur on 1:2 or 1:3

that’s because I taught the internet

1 Like

hmmm maybe. A few pints to checkout what a post lockdown pub looks like. Interesting to stand at the bar ordering drinks. About 50% still wearing masks when moving around. Tables still in social distancing layout

Sounds good.

I was in the Whisky Exchange today and ended up picking up a bottle of this.

In hindsight I really should have looked at the price before just putting it in with everything else :grimacing:

3 Likes

Both of these measures are great, but additionally I noticed last night that the clear plastic one features a single 5ml demarcation, something that doesn’t feature on any other measure I have. This makes it absolutely perfect for how I make an Old Fashioned.

Thank you once again for the recommendation.

Excellent Guy, you are most welcome. The plackie 'un actually covers 5ml on two of its scales. Fairly sure I mentioned at least one of those, but prolly lost in the mass of detail I gave.

I also find the tablespoon 7.5/15/30/45/60ml scale incredibly useful fer certain recipes, particularly 15/30/45ml & also that the teaspoon scale effectively covers 25/35ml which also replaces two separate measures I used to frequently use.

Really thoughtful, clever design that pretty much covers all bases. Completely de-faffs the process, particularly for more complex cocktails.

1 Like

These are great for dialling in/dosing bitters with repeatable accuracy. I like that they charmingly cover some slightly archaic/anachronistic quite small measures from times gone. Quite handy for spices too. I’ve bought a few sets over the last several years for myself, friends & family members.

Luwu-Store 5Pcs/set Measuring Spoon Stainless Steel Spoon Home Kitchen Accessories : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

2 Likes

I fancy a Corpse Reviver #2.

Any ideas where I can buy say 100 or 200 ml of Absinthe in a bottle with a dropper, rather than spending £40 on a whole bottle that I’m never likely to finish?

send me a bottle with dropper and I might be able to find a way of sending you some back

or try master of malt and see if they do absinthe samplers

1 Like

@Gyroscope Guy

20cl Absinthe

1 Like