Cocktail hour

one of the nicest versions I have had is where you put the Absinthe in an atomiser and spray the glass with the Absinthe before pouring in the remaining mixed ingredients

I have also had one where you mix the ingredients sans Absinthe, pour into glass and spray the surface of the liquid with Absinthe.

Having an atomiser means you can also use it as an aftershave spray.

1 Like

get some pipettes- we use these

50 Pcs Plastic Transfer Pipettes, 3 ml Transparent Graduated Pipette Measuring Pipettors for Watercolor Transfering Essential Oils Perfume Mixing Acrylic Paints and Lab Amazon.co.uk

1 Like

Ordered, cheers.

They also lobbed in a sample as part of their “Whisky Santa” promotion, which is nice.

You’ve just got to whack the button after you’ve gone through the checkout process.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

I only make four of those, and all are extremely simple.

Cocktail fail :frowning_face:

I think we’ve made 9 of the top 20 over the past year…

My Funkin’ Cocktails dried orange slices ran out before Christmas, and they’re 100% out of stock on the web site. Sad face.

However today I’ve discovered that our brand new local hipster greengrocers stocks these

“I want all your stock”

“All of them?”

“I really like oranges”

Healthy snack my arse - cocktail essential!

3 Likes

I worried about its viability when it was announced, but given where we live I needn’t have. It’s continually stowed out and they can’t keep the shelves filled fast enough :man_facepalming:

when i ran out - i was recommended to look at a brand called Nims. Dont bother as despite being promised full sized and complete slices, all you got were shards and crumbs of dried orange…

I am seriously thinking about buying a dehydrator for such things…

1 Like

Cocktail Drinker - Max Ernst, 1945.

That’s you, that is

Watermelon, tequila and jalapeno juice cocktail. Nice.

4 Likes

Looks like a breakfast drink :muscle:

1 Like

In the spirit of exploration, I had one of these last night

I thought it might be revolting, but worth a try.

Conclusions

• definitely an Old Fashioned, not just an approximation
  • nice, if a tiny bit sweeter than I personally would make it
  • slightly obviously, more expensive than do-your-own

I’d say ideal for putting in the cooler bag / box for getting battered at a picnic.

I also have one of these to try in the near future.

FWIW they are both 100ml so would be lost in anything other than a small glass. The Old Fashioned is 32.2%, the Negroni is 21.8%.

3 Likes

Finally got round to trying the Negroni.

Very respectable :+1:

Again, not the cheapest way of doing it, but ideal for picnics, holidays or crying in the toilets at work.

3 Likes

Aperol and whisky.

686 likes, 24 comments - Master of Malt (@masterofmalt) on Instagram: "Ever thought your Aperol Spritz was missing a splash of whisky? Jess is here to solve that proble..."

Well that’s a weird one.

I put in a link to Insta and it substituted it with a cropped still from the video :man_shrugging:

Can anyone recommend a good classic cocktail book, for the home bar?

4 Likes