Cornwall with 2 kids

Right. Having previously been all set for Dorest , I reckon it’s more likely we end up going to Cornwall, a place which I’ve been to before but know very little about.

Around for 10 days (then up to Dorset) from mid July

Us + our kdis of 3 and 9

North / South / East / West?? where to be. “We” fancy some of that glamping shit, but i’m more interested in ayone can suggest where to stay, and how realistic it is to be on the move (as in day triups) or find a place and stick to it ?

Anyone a bit the wiser than me (not hard, is it)?

For off the beaten track Cornwall

Nanjizal
Zelah

This place is great for the glamping, The old quarry is stunning with jade water, flacons nest on the rock faces and the Tipi’s come with as much firewood as you can burn
https://www.cornishtipiholidays.co.uk/our-tipis

Near to several nice beaches too.

11 Likes

That looks absolutely great.

That’s quite near to St Nectan’s waterfall between Boscastle & Tintagel. Worth the short walk on a nice day. Boscastle Museum of Witchcraft also worth a look. See whether there are any lunchtime performances on at the Minack theatre. Visit Porthcurno beach at the same time.

We like Coverack on the Lizard, Mullion Cove (also on Lizard) is worth a visit. Also nearby Kynance Cove.

4 Likes

If you’d like to visit some Poldark locations try Holywell Bay, Penberth Cove & Charlestown

Wow. That looks a bit bloody fantastic - thanks!!!

Kynance is gorgeous.

It is. There’s a little secret beach round to the right that you can only get to when the sea is out far enough.

Excellent suggestion, not sure of the kids ages but the knee high theatre often have things on there and they are most entertaining

Ok brilliant, that’s on my list then. I have a rolling program of Cornish beach/walk/pub trips with my Dad.

you must get to Fowey sometime

One of my favourite places in cornwall

I’d stay away from st ives as it gets packed

If you do want to go there,get the short train ride from st erth instead of trying to park in the town,beautiful little train ride

1 Like

Taking the king harry ferry over to Pont and walking to Polruan is pleasant

1 Like

Bit like being in Luton.

You can take the Bus to Bury Park and walk to Marsh Farm, mainly because no cabs or buses will go there :frowning:

Right I’m currently in mevagissey with two kids, where should I go?

Home

5 Likes

Eden project

1 Like

Lost gardens of heligen -
(Fucked the spelling up there I’m guessing )
Or Meditate on Roche rock (on the Michael line which is of deepest Schumann significance)
The titty bars of Newquay are really not up to much.
Go to st ives and have a look at the Barbara Hepworth house and garden.
Glue sniffing in Redruth?
Eden project has an automated gorilla mooching about at the moment which is decent.
Adrenalin quay for all kinds of exertions
Underage drinking in Saltash is big this year

4 Likes

Charlestown near Helston or perhaps Malpas near Truro and do an excursion from there by ferry down to Falmouth. A couple of hours wandering about down there and back on the ferry. Truro is nice as is Roseland peninsula and St Mawes.I think you can also take a ferry from Mevagissey up to Looe or maybe Fowey either of which could be fun for them. Find a pub with Skinners beer on draught, try the Betty Stoggs and abandon children to a beach. Porthpean is a good one just up the coast.

1 Like

This place is a great day out with kids

1 Like