Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

In the portafilter, there may be a plastic disc with a little hole in it - see if any of these look like your portafilter (many of the cheap machines are rebadged delonghi or very similar)

1 Like

That should buff out

1 Like

Cheers, i shall investigate.

@Jim bought some of the Sweetshop blend from Square Mile the other day. Such a good blend. Always pulls a fantastic shot and the cappuccinos it makes are :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nope. never made any sense

1 Like

What? But Hi Fi Review said so!

They knew more about coffee really.

La Conica Manico Lunga espresso maker by Alessi.
Nice.
Andā€¦.

1 Like

Iā€™m liking this:
Alessi LA CONICA ESPRESSO COFFEE MAKER, 3 CUP, Stainless Steel, Silver https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000HWY2Q4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_J0MHKQTC9E7TY1CTWM3C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

I have the 9090, 3 cup version.

Itā€™s very good but TBH I donā€™t use it, just the pour over these days :man_shrugging:

1 Like

one of the best coffee.s ive had was last weekend at the ā€¦beach hut in filey on the front,
americano and a double espressoā€¦4 pounds ā€¦my son said dad that was bloody lovely.

1 Like

Itā€™s really annoying how the pour over does the best coffee, but itā€™s so unglamorous!

2 Likes

Iā€™m a bit annoyed that Iā€™ve never really liked coffee much but since cutting out sugar I tried a coffee without sugar and quite liked it. I only drink it without milk.

Currently using one of these:

Thinking of getting the manual espresso machine I was looking at for a bit of a different experience. Any opinions on whether that would be a better contrast compared with a pour over?

Canā€™t really be arsed with the pour over filters as I will definitely always run out and forget to buy them.

The Frankenstein model. :flushed:

What?

Sorry Dr. Frankenstein.

I buy a 3 pack and when I open the last box I re-order
I only drink one or two cups a day but wouldnā€™t be without a pour over coffee

2 Likes

I was assuming it would be a similar taste experience to the syphon, even if itā€™s a bit better (which I donā€™t doubt).

These filters seem like a bit of a waste as well.

I have no idea what a syphon is, (unless it is the thing you posted above) but if you have never tried a well made pour over not sure what you are comparing. Pour over coffee is certainly nothing like an espresso,

The filters are a waste of what? They are made from a renewable resource.

Meanwhile, it might not just be the coffee keeping you awake