Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

@thebiglebowski kindly gave me a bag of the Hasbean Jailbreak: Red Blend when I picked up the Bambino last week.
I am enjoying it more than the Horsham Nova blend and would buy it again.
Any other recommended espresso blends out there?

1 Like

Iā€™ll answer my own question.

Iā€™d probably love a Expobar 1 group pro machine, but heating up 6 lts of water - 2770w element, seems a tad wasteful for 1 shot of espressošŸ˜‚
Bit like Coco 1.2KV monoblock tube amps to drive my Vitavox S2s or RaalsšŸ™‚
Perhaps when we have a solar farm/batteries and generate all our own electricityšŸ™‚

Also waiting 30 minutesšŸ˜± for said warm up is not appealing at all. Or setting timers etc.

I did see James using a Mignon Eureka Specialita grinder in one of his vids - reassuring.
Bradbeers (sort of Graysonā€™s era dept store in New Milton) use one too!

Waiting 30 minutes for warm up would take any machine off a consideration list.
How is that in any way acceptable in a domestic setting?

Calling @Wayward

Just got this and itā€™s very nice

1 Like

Does it heat the whole lot? Iā€™ve got a 2.5lt water tank but the boiler is only 400ml to feed the grouphead which has itā€™s own heater.

I appreciate it is normal forum protocol to recommend something that wasnt asked for at double the price :grinning:
I am sure it is very nice @ Ā£19.00
I am still using single origin coffee for pour over but I was more interested in the espresso blends.
The Jailbreak blend is Ā£8.00 The Horsham Nova is Ā£6.50

you didnā€™t state a price and that is espresso :roll_eyes:

No but I did state ā€˜blendā€™

I have one of those unopened just need to finish their blend

This is nice. Twin Peaks Blend ā€” Strangers Coffee Roasters Norwich

2 Likes

I agree with Kev, especially as my hifi burns leccy like a bastard.

1 Like

It says boiler size is 6lt copper, thatā€™s the plumbed in water tank. So yesšŸ˜±
Hence 30mins of hard burn (sorry I have The Expanse on my brainšŸ˜‚).

Once ready, itā€™s designed to coffee the paying masses (form an orderly queue), without missing a beat.

Mind you thatā€™s the smallest of their commercial machines!
Thereā€™s also a 2 group, 3 boiler 11.5+1.5+1.5lts, and even a 3 group, 4 boiler 17.5+1.5+1.5+1.5lts :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah there is also a G10 office, with a 3lt water tank (also to be plumbed in) and a 1.5lt twin boiler.

Wife has a Qookerā€‹:roll_eyes: for her tea, why shouldnā€™t I have a massive boiler coffee machine? :joy:

Both Red Brick and Sweet Shop are excellent Square Mile blends, Kev. Donā€™t forget they sell in 350g bags so it skews the price a bit.

Also the Strangers coffees have been really good. They do quite a few blends and Iā€™m looking forward to trying more of them.

3 Likes

Was just thinking you could be measuring up as it warms up. Customer pays an invisible coffee charge on top of their bill.

Everything in this thread is ridiculous.

7 Likes

Just got an email from Clumsy Goat who are offering 40% off today, used the code for an order and it allowed me to use a second time so if anyone wants it send me a PM.

Super nice :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

restocked, should keep me going for a month or two

Hoping the Italian espresso is nice as itā€™s only Ā£25 per kg (Ā£15 with discount)

2 Likes

It is :slight_smile: nice strong dark roasted espresso which makes a really good cappuccino.

PS get 40% off today

40% off coffee beans! - Simply use the discount code ā€œBlackFridayā€ at checkout for the discount to be applied. Thereā€™s no purchase limits, so be sure to stock up before the code expires!

2 Likes