Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

I like the niche, now I’ve got it tightened down and working properly I’m getting very consistent grinds, pretty much every shot is 32-34 secs.

Possibly. I find espresso more acidic with the Niche.
Hopefully the P64 will be a good improvement.

Anyone tried Tim Wendleboe’s coffees?

Seems a bit decadant to order coffee from Norway when there are so many good UK roasters, but he does have a fine reputation.

Giving this a go:

Gasharu :rofl:

2 Likes

Was waiting for that :joy:

Sure I’ve had one of their preamps.

1 Like

West Ham’s new striker

4 Likes

lololol

I keep running out of beans and have a wait before getting more. I’m thinking of getting a subscription and if these beans are alright I think I’ll have a shot at the Rave Discovery subscription, though I’ll still have a look around at others.

If you can’t work it out for yourself a subscription might be an idea.
Check out local coffee shops, a lot of the independants use local roasters and sell bags.

I was running low due to Christmas interuptions and popped into a small independant in the local town to find they offered 4 different beans from Horsham

I have a roaster nearby actually but can never be arsed to pop round because they have certain days and times you can go and it’s too much of a fuck on.

Getting them delivered makes things much easier for me but maybe I’ll have a look at going round.

Had a look at Cast Iron subscription and it looks decent value as you get 340g bags. Only thing is it’s a pay up from deal for 3, 6 or 12 months.

I’ll have a think about it anyway.

I wouldn’t bother with a pay up front sub.
Loads of roasters don’t require that

The only one I’ve came across like that.

I’m very happy with my Origin sub

1 Like

How’s it going with the decent?

Really good. Almost infinite faff potential but I’m focusing on getting the basics right including milk steaming as you could cheat with the Sage.

The lever profiles with the declining pressure curve seem really nice but there are also these adaptive profiles that are balancing flow rate and pressure that are very interesting.

I’m running some unfamiliar coffee that I got for Christmas but that’s nearly gone. Hope to try some Square Mile beans soon.

3 Likes

Have you bothered with the pourover faff yet?

Decided to bother with pour over because really it’s a one-cup solution and I always like to brew 400ml. I’ll stick to the V60 carafe.

However, the tea portafilter is really good!