Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

That looks stupid. And boring.

Surely temp will be too low for decent extraction?

Plus, he has a thermometer in the jug so the water was probably already something stupid like 50ºC to begin with.

Wrong person to ask, I barely know about it and have never tried it, just drank it in Japan.

It is a very slow pour in to the middle of the coffee, very slow, and then with about the last third you slowly extend the pour to the outside of the coffee. If you do it right then the coffee sits in the water without you flooding it so you get a very good extraction, but it takes a lot of goes to get it right but once you do you do get a coffee with a more fuller flavour and more body.

I far prefer the end result than to the pours that the likes of Hoffman do as I prefer a more intense and fuller flavour.

Cafec even make filters specifically for this type of pour but you also have to get the grind right so that all coffee gets wet but as said it can’t flood.

This is the video I first found out about it and I agree with him regarding Cafec filters, they are better.

Anyone else have an Origin subscription? We really weren’t keen on last months Chinese bean (fuyan)…might not finish the bag and I don’t think we’ve ever done that with an Origin bag!

Any recs for a good coffee shop in central Edinburgh? Am here for a few days. None of the places like Origin etc. have shops, so not sure where’s good…

Edit … Black Sheep Coffee are on a tear here, been past about 5 in a very short space of time.

1 Like

Morning.

6 Likes

9 Likes

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/20/business/china-starbucks-braised-pork-latte-intl-hnk/index.html