Covid: How do you feel? (Part 2)

The government have failed to message honestly or effectively. All the mass messaging has been about hand washing and 2M or 1M distancing which concern ‘droplets’ - Most people are aware of other types of air born infections but I have yet to hear the message ‘Covid is Airborne’. The use of the word ‘aerosols’ whilst technically correct sounds like something else (Not quite airborne) Where is the government mass messaging on ventilation? Or suggestions on time spent in the same room? Perhaps Covid is impotent when people are gathered in the same room but eating a substantial meal?

Be in your bubble >>>Beware what you breathe>>>Boris is a bellend.

7 Likes
1 Like

Perhaps they reasoned public hysteria would kick in with airborne messaging? But that doesn’t tally with Eat out to help out or opening bars etc - Those realities seem negligent at best.

The local council should be applauded on their long term global pandemic planning. Relieving the town of all decent shops and restaurants over the last few years was a masterstroke :smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve been to the town centre for about a decade and it was appalling then - God knows what the pedestrianised area and Grosvenor Centre are like now. :cold_face:

It’s a familiar position for a long suffering Sunderland supporter, but on this occasion I’m chuffed to bits to be bottom of the league.

6 Likes

How long did the Londoners stay there? Have they come back today? :rofl:

There’s only one option:

Sold their house and gone.

Ha, they didn’t last long then!

1 Like

4 Likes

They owned the house for years and were at one time, renovating it. I’m guessing it ended up too much for them so it went to auction. The family that bought it were renting on the Island but they’re in now and getting on with the work it needs.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good result then

1 Like

Anyone in tier 4 who left the nearest and dearest present buying until the last minute and would prefer to see the 26th. Let me know what you want, 50p per mile delivery plus a hundred quid because fuck it.

1 Like

Do the bottom two get relegated to the Scandinavian league?

1 Like

With any luck!

1 Like

1 Like

Nurseries also closed until the 18th. It wouldn’t make sense if they weren’t, and even a single day of mixing needs a good 2-3 weeks for symptoms to rear their heads, but we’re having PTSD flashbacks to homeschooling omnishambles.

9 Likes