Cranage Show 2022

It still looks like this.

Porkers with them bangin’ tunes in em innit bro.

3 Likes

I liked the idea of speakers with pictures or paintings on them, oh the possibilities……
No idea what they sounded like, plonky playing and the room was too noisy.

1 Like

I liked these small floorstanders in a big room, they managed to fill it very well whilst still sounding open and lively. Really well built.
27000 quid to you sir, said with a straight face too😱.

4 Likes

They were playing church organ/choir music (brave) on these speakers made a good job of it though.

3 Likes

Dimensions look very similar to AN es

1 Like

Think it was a 10” mid/bass.

1 Like

The Music First (?) room sounded lovely (speakers had Jordan drive units I think) very open and musical.

1 Like

I loved the AVID room, it just sounded right, their entry level TT is a bobby dazzler, amazing what an entry level REGA arm and AT cart can do, they were playing this:

1 Like

The Originlive room sounded great with a prototype subwoofer hidden under the black cloth. Mark was on good form too.

2 Likes

Great dynamics from this, annoying off centre record weight though!

3 Likes

I’ve never heard corner Lowther speakers before, they get a lot of sound from a little driver!

3 Likes

Our very own @SCIDB doing his talk on 10 albums to hear before you depart, he was great :+1:.

19 Likes

Also popped in to to see Chasing the Dragon (Mike Valentine), always interesting and fun.
Purchased this:

A John Howes Stereo 20 in Lowther green !

2 Likes

Nice pics Rob, thanks for taking the time to post :clap: :grinning:

What make were the rust coloured £27K speakers?

1 Like

YG Carmel 2 by the looks of them

2 Likes

That’s the babies.

The speakers with images on a Diptyque Audio - a French company making electrostatics.

Think the other boxes are AudioNEC - it’s the second stage in their upgradeable speaker system. Which sounded like a great idea until I heard that the tweeter plus one box is something like 25,000€, and the full rig is north of 200,000€

2 Likes

This was one of the sort after freebies of the event ! Only 12 given out each day from Solid Sounds ( Knipester ) who makes hifi furniture and LP 12 plinths…

1 Like

sought

2 Likes