Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

I love how the ball was fucking miles away from the stumps

Pakistan take a couple of catches shock!

England had a very good workout there. Winning a tight game where they had a middle order wobble is impressive stuff and the perfect type of challenge they need before the World Cup.

A welcome match winning knock of 71 from Stokes who was moved up to 4. Roy imperious with a ton and a decent 41 from Vince.

All bodes well for forthcoming main event :+1:

Indeed, a win with no captain and a duck from Buttler shows some strength in depth.
I thought Curran did well with bat and ball.

1 Like

Curran did do well, with bat and ball.

As you say, Morgan was missing, but add to that Bairstow being rested and it makes the victory even better.

The selectors are going to have a tough time deciding who to leave out of the final squad, but thatā€™s a great problem to have.

Plunkett, as I see it.

Maybe, but it will have to go further than that. Thereā€™s a lot more bowlers (or borderline all-rounders) in contention than places available.

Itā€™s coming to something when an England team win the toss and bat, then you are slightly disappointed when they only score 351 (a record for a Headingley ODI, btw)

1 Like

Woakes (3-0) might just have cemented his place in the squad!

I suspect that his place in the squad was never in doubt.

No harm in reminding the selectors why though.

Rather puzzling that Pakistan would agree to a five match series against the no.1 ODI side just before a World Cup. This canā€™t be doing their confidence much good.

England, on the other hand, have used it to experiment with different batting/bowling line ups and still comprehensively outplayed Pakistan, while learning a bit about the contenders for the last couple of places in the squad.

Selectors meet on Tuesday AFAIK and one of them is going to have to give some bad news to a few unlucky candidates.

Really funny

1 Like

Joss Buttlerā€™s bat handle

2 Likes

Usually what the bowler mutters, just after heā€™s had his best ball deposited over long off for 6 :wink:

He just hit 24 off that over with a dot ball!
Donā€™t think the bowler is coming back!

Oh, go on. Give him another over :grin:

Bugger.

Great 50 though

1 Like

Englandā€™s tail needs to wag, but no panic yet.

1 Like

Yep, run rate is only 6, so easy does it. Woakes playing nicely (kiss of death)

Keep away from the keyboard!!!