Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

Australia at it again

3 Likes

Could the answer be to check for the stumping only, ignoring any other potential modes of dismissal?

3 Likes

Agreed. I donā€™t see why the square leg umpire canā€™t make a decision on the obvious stumpings and save the time.

The referral should only look at the square leg/point camera, no other view is necessary IMO.

If they donā€™t do something to stop it, I expect other teams will use the same tactic - the genie is out of the bottle.

Good news for ā€œRichard Herring tells people that there is actually an International Menā€™s Dayā€ day.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s every other day, isnā€™t it?

1 Like
6 Likes

PSL final was sensational, if you didnā€™t see it, watch the highlights.

One of the best T20s you will ever see.

Mark Wood bowling missiles in the IPL

5-14 from his 4 overs

Very impressive.

Managed to buy two tickets for day one of the Ashes test at Lordā€™s.

First trip to Lordā€™s so already getting excited.

9 Likes

All you need to say to get the juices flowing.
When I worked abroad in the late 80s early 90s I had a few friends who sent out mix tapes. One mate always included the start of TMS and the commentary of the first ball of the Lordā€™s test somewhere in the tape. It raised a few French eyebrows when they heard it.

1 Like
1 Like

But need @waywardā€™s opinion on this.

1 Like

Well it is Aprilā€¦

We had a hail storm here earlier that was so intense it was lying on the roads like snow, with cars just creeping along under a black sky. All gone and warm now. :grin:

Had a great day watching Northants v Middlesex. First use of my lifelong ticket, hopefully there will be many more days.

2 Likes

Shame for international cricket, she is a brilliant bowler.

1 Like

Iā€™m so fucking annoyed at this!

We can play the best wicket keeper in the game who has done everything he was asked in the winter or we can bring in an inferior keeper cos he averages 3.5 runs more in tests.

So. Pissed. Off.

4 Likes

Yeah this seems like a misstep.

1 Like

You should turn up at the first test, if you can chuck it down 5mph faster than Leech youā€™ll probably get a game.

More injured fast bowlers than you can shake a stick at.

Itā€™s hard to imagine weā€™ll ever see him playing test cricket again :frowning_face: