Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

It did sound like fun, Buttler scoring at well above a run a ball

Come on England, a destructive session here could change the game again.

Same old, same old.:wink:

5-28, amazing performance by Pandya.

He was great today, just the right sort of bowler for the conditions. I wish England could have found his length later on. Saying that, the Indian batsmen played with much more confidence with the scoreboard in their favour.

Back tomorrow.

Make or break…

Bit :sleeping: today.

Good banter and sat behind the Jamaican bob sleigh team.

Why is Jennings in the slips ?

Chance to break the fourth innings record now :grinning:

They need a good batting performance to restore some pride and maybe get a bit of wear and tear into the Indian bowlers. Ashwin is looking a bit hurty all ready. England really have to try and find some form with the bat too. So many of the line up are out of form and Bairstow, who has been reliable is an injury doubt. They can’t carry on thinking that the attack will dig them out of trouble, especially as the catching has been poor. Stokes not 100% fit either…
I can see this series going right down to the wire, which is very exciting.

We won’t bat two days. I don’t see the players having the patience.

Pitch doing a bit but not a lot.

Oh, I think the game is gone but they still need to stretch the opposition as much as they can.

There are only two results possible now and the weather doesn’t look as if will help to achieve one of them.

As Ritchie says, we need to stretch the opposition as much as possible and make sure we don’t give them an easy victory tomorrow. More importantly, there are several batsmen who need to show some proper grit and stick around to give them some confidence going into the next test.

We can’t keep getting out to ODI/T20 shots in test matches. Our players are better than that, but they need to start showing it.

1 Like

We need ten Geoffrey’s

Fucking hell, One in insufferable enough!

1 Like

Would like to see Cook hang around for a couple of sessions tomorrow, I think he needs a decent innings.
Mind you a few balls bowled today were unplayable, could have got any unlucky batsman out, so he needs to be lucky as well as dedicated.
He can anchor this side for the next tests, (and they need an anchor) but he needs to lay the foundations tomorrow.

I think the majority of them need a score Kev. Jennings has a look of impermanence about him, we have seen little from Root, and Pope, Stokes, Buttler and Rashid have shown diddly so far too. They need to dig in tomorrow and show some fight. The toss in this game is looking more and more like they didn’t fancy batting. After all, we were rescued by Curran and Woakes with the bat in the first two matches.
For all his omnipotence, Kohli has brilliantly galvanised his men in this match so far and is grinding England down. They have to grind back as a team, or I fear the psychological balance could shift so far they’ll not get it back.

I think Kohli has been a pretty poor captain to be honest.

Quite negative.

His players have dug in for him this week, as they knew they needed to get closer to his level and work harder.

I think we need to remember, we’re playing the number one test side in the World, who happen to have the best batsman (and probably the best off spinner) in the game. They had to come good at some point.

I don’t think he’s negative, just not a very good captain

Agreed, but I don’t think most of them will,Root needs to play a captains innings. Cook has the ability and record to worry India, even though he hasn’t scored that well recently, visiting test teams really celebrate his wicket, they know what he can do.

Curran has done his test prospects no harm at all by the simple expedient of not playing in this test!

Jennings clearly hasn’t read the posts on here. I suspect he may not be appearing at Southampton.