Curry guide ? What’s your fancy?

My belief is;
Indian should be cooked in India by Indians with traditional ingredients. Anything else is a replica. A facsimile.
If you want MORE authentic, learn the techniques and do it yourself.

4 Likes

Yes but gas BBQ facsimile reasons to ignore all your beliefs on the matters of Indian or any other food :laughing:

5 Likes

Good point well made.

Off. You. Fuck. Vege. Cunt :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

You too can fuck off :rage:

Any argument is invalid.

2 Likes

It wasn’t an argument :unamused:

Further to my previous post, the aubergine and mushroom was lovely.

Chicken Korma is insipid crap.

At least when I cooked it anyway.

1 Like

Half the time not even really a replica. It’s just created for the western market. The closest you’ll get to a traditional Indian menu generally, is the veg sides section, which in fact is pretty much the standard main menu in your basic Indian restaurant, street-side in India. There’s the odd proper place in the UK, but not many.

1 Like

I can see where your coming from Terry but the problem is I’m a lazy bastard :grinning:

1 Like

Did a quick and dirty curry in the pressure cooker this evening, no more than about 10 minutes work for the curry itself.

An M&S one is only three minutes in the microwave :grinning:

4 Likes

on the whole I agree. Having spent a lot of time in India (about 40 visits) I agree with you. My trips to Bangladesh resulted in some of the finest home cooked Biryani. And my work in Pakistan some of the greatest kebabs

1 Like

Golden Mile.

1 Like

Ah yes, not eaten Indian food in Leicester, but I’d expect it to be good! One of the best Indian restaurants I’ve been to in England is Rasa. There used to just be one in Stoke Newington, but there’s a few of them now.

Living in the southwest, there’s a half decent South Indian in Exeter (The Curry Leaf), and Veggie Perrin’s in Plymouth used to be worth a visit, for a nice home-cooked vibe. Recent highly unique discovery for us has been Curry & Rice in Camelford, of all places.

But with clotted cream and x4 birds eye chilies

2 Likes

Even on glue I wouldn’t eat anything that cunt cooked.

5 Likes

This.

3 Likes

Less of a cunt than Jamie triplelip fucking Oliver.

2 Likes

Close call tbh.

1 Like